Chapter 13

"why give them back if you don't want them anyways, you need to take the" I argue back

"here you go Xiao Li," she says placing the water in front of me

"Thank you, you can call me Shuanghui," I said with a gentle smile as I looked at her, She nodded and I slid the glass over the table to Mengrui "you need to take it"

"Take what?" his mother questioned

"nothing mother" he quickly replied before I had a chance

I glared at him as his mother started cleaning the table, as she walked out of the room I picked the tablets up grabbing Mengrui back as he went to walk away, I pulled him into my lap, as he gasps I quickly place the tablets in his mouth, I hold his jaw as he struggles in my grip, as I pour water into his mouth, after putting the glass down I clamp my hand over his mouth and nose "swallow" I demanded he struggled in my hold trying to refuse to swallow "swallow and I'll let go"

He tried pulling my hand away but failed, he quickly swallowed once he realised he wasn't going to win, I chuckled letting him go, he gasped for air as he coughed a little "asshole" he chocked out and I smirked at him

"if I'm that much of an asshole wouldn't you have gotten off my lap by now?" I smirked, he glared at me quickly getting up,  and I chuckled before I stand grabbing the glass and taking it into the kitchen "Ayi, I should get going" I said with a smile putting the cup down by the sink "thank you for having me"

she glanced up at the window then over at me with a frown "it's still raining you will get wet, I can't make you leave"

I looked out towards the window "it's just a little water, won't harm"

Mengrui walked into the kitchen as his mother frowned at me "you were riding a motorbike, it's dangerous to ride one in the rain"

Mengrui frowned grabbing two glasses pouring milk into both of them "she's right, you shouldn't drive in the rain" he said in a cold tone placing one of the glasses in front of his mother

I looked towards the door as he left "alright, I'll stay if it is no trouble"

Meirong then had a smile on her face drying her hands "it will be more trouble if you left to come and sit down and get comfy" she said and lead me to a sitting room that had a couple of couches a chair and a coffee table, a large screen tv fixed to the wall, I smile at her taking a seat, Mengrui was lay on the couch reading a book his glass of milk on the table

she smiles at me then heads back towards the kitchen, I look over at Mengrui before searching in my pockets for my phone frowning

"what are you looking for" a cold voice spoke quietly

I lean back in the seat letting out a sigh "nothing important"

he must have guessed because the next thing I know something is dropping into my lap, I looked down to see a phone "Use that"

I smirk "thanks" I pick the phone up scrolling through the apps "no games?" he ignored me, I looked over at him "what are you reading"

"Shut up" annoyance in his tone

I smirk and put his phone on the table grabbing his glass of milk "Ah! thank you!"

He dives off the chair putting the book down "give that back"

I get up stepping out of his reach taking a few mouthfuls "what, oh was this not for me"

He growls at me kicking me in the leg just as his mother comes into the room "Xiao Mengrui! don't kick people"

I chuckled and passed him the milk back "it was my fault Ayi, I was annoying him" he grabbed the glass of milk picked his book back up and sat back down tucking his feet up onto the chair

she chuckled and shook her head taking a seat as did I "what is it that you do Xiao Li?"

I shrug "I guess I'm  a chef, that's what I do when I'm bored I cook at my friend's club, he complains when I'm not there something about losing customers" I smile

"how long have you been doing that for?"

"Since I left the armed forces I suppose, My father wanted me to go into his business since my brothers built up their own but I wasn't, still not interested in it, I'm more like my mother, carefree and stubborn, only possibly less scary"

we continued talking for a few more hours her asking me about my life and family, I look up outside it was still raining and rather dark "Ayi, I really should leave it's getting late"

She shook her head "It's still raining, just stay the night I'm sure the rain will be cleared up by tomorrow" before I got a chance to argue she continues "Mengrui set up the spare room for Xiao Li"

Mengrui got up putting his book down and smiled at his mother before looking at me "follow me, I'll show you to the spare room"

I scratched the back of my head and followed Mengrui "I guess declining isn't an option"

he had stopped smiling since we left the room his mother was in "I would gladly show you the door, but I don't wish death upon anyone" I grinned as he walked to a door opening it "you can stay in here"

I look in the room, it's not got much just a bed and a dresser "you know you should smile more, it's cute" I say quietly I hum softly then look at Mengrui "what does your room look like?"

he glared at me "none of your business, don't bother coming in" he turned around and walked away walking into the room next to mine.

I watch his door swing shut behind him hearing a soft barking sound, walking into the room shutting the door behind me before grabbing the pillow of the bed and laying on the floor with it under the slightly open window