Special [7.5]

Começar do início

        "We have a meeting here? Right now?"

        "Yeah. Come on before the others go."

        Taehyung looks up at Jimin who bids them a temporary goodbye before they're left alone. And goodness was Jeongyeon revelling in satisfaction to finally have Taehyung left alone by his best friend. All to herself.

        He looks at her, lips breaking into a grin. "What's with you?"

        "Huh?" comes out in a snarky tone.

        "We weren't doing anything dirty—and no, he wasn't flirting with me if that's what you thought."

        "Uh, no," she drawls. "I never thought he's flirting with you. I just think you're the one flirting. Lowkey too."

        And he has the audacity to giggle. "Are you jealous?"

        She scoffs, leans close. "Please. He doesn't even have a shot."

        He smirks. Apparently he's up for teasing, and Jeongyeon refuses to show any signs of what the fuck does that smirk mean? She runs her left hand backwards through her soft, long hair. Taehyung would've done that for her. Her right hand though . . .

        Taehyung feels it crawl forward on his thigh, then inward, not grasping firmly or anything; just light enough to let him know that it's there, doing nothing but at the same time making him feel everything. And when his eyes enlarges, he looks around just in case. He doesn't want a violation.

        She tilts her head. When she gazes at him, it's simultaneously mesmerizing and threatening, he could choke on it. "You seem to have a delayed response there. Don't you agree with me?"

        "On which part exactly?" He doesn't stammer. Impressive.

        "He doesn't have a shot." The hand inches further, and it's close, too close, he wishes his slacks were out of the fucking way. "Right?"

        And this is where Taehyung decides to see if she'd do anything else besides this; tease him. She's not gonna do this, right? In public? They're not the kind of couple who'd perform public display of affection just to satisfy themselves a little. And he knows Jeongyeon's aiming for the honor list so a major violation like this one is a big, fat NO. But looking at her right now . . . he feels dubious. And so he dares.

        "And what if he does?"

~•♤•~

        When Jimin comes back with some papers in hand and mind in the process of sorting his mental to-do list, he sees the couple too close to one another. They don't seem to be kissing, thank goodness. Sometimes he doesn't like it, not because he's into any of them, but because he's single and craving for a relationship. She's whispering something to his ear. While Jeongyeon looks like she's enjoying the state they're in, Taehyung on the other hand looks paralyzed. When Jimin's seven feet away, he . . .  holy shit did Jeongyeon just zip his pants up?

        He froze. It takes a couple of agonizing seconds before the thought of how weird it looked dawns in him.

        What . . . the fuck?

        His mouth opens, but he doesn't need to speak for their attention because Jeongyeon catches sight of him. Then she pulls back from Taehyung's space. She smiles, looking brighter this time. Taehyung though . . . . Jimin decides not to question the thin layer of sweat on his forehead, that far-away look on his face when they look at each other.