I nodded taking it all in. "Anyway, the place you'll mainly be is helping me in the lab. Let me show you."

We walked into his private lab and my eyes widened. "Woah, this is so cool."

"I know right? OK, so I was hoping you could help me with something I've been working on?"

"Sure thing."

An hour later, I was working and I noticed Mr Stark was a little distracted. "Mr Stark? Hello? Earth to Anthony?"

He snapped back into reality and apologised. "Sorry, I was just uh.. Distracted."

"What about?"

"Nothing." He just waved me off and I rolled my eyes.

"So it isn't the fact that you imprisoned your family and almost got killed by someone you were really close with?"

"How-How-How did you know that?"

"I'm not stupid, Stark. You're distracted and it's affecting your work. Plus, I have enhanced senses. I can detect that you're conflicted over it. So come on, let it out. You're not the only one who can annoy people into talking. I got Black Widow to open up, so... "

"You got Black Widow to open up to you?"

"Yup."

He sighed. "I am going to regret this later, but fine. Cap shouldn't have lied to me."

"I would've."

"What?"

"I mean, technically he didn't even lie to you, but put yourself in his shoes. You find out that your old friend from before you became a superhero used to be an assassin, but was being mind controlled. Then you find out that two of the people this guy killed, waa actually your team mate's parents who he thinks died in a car crash. Do you tell him and risk there being a fight between the 2 even though he had no control over it, or do you just keep it secret and hope that it never comes out, so you can all be friends? While I will admit that him almost killing you and leaving you for dead was not cool in the slightest, he was just trying to protect his best friend, and you did just fight against him. "

"Hm. I guess I never thought of it that way."

"And don't even get me started on those stupid accords. We have to learn about those in school now, you know?"

"Really?"

"Yup, they literally happened a week ago, I don't see how they're history. I mean, you learn history so you don't forget it and I don't think anyone's gonna forget something that happened a week ago."

"So, what's wrong with the accords?"

"Look, I get why you're signing them, I really do, but the whole concept is stupid. You have to go to the government in order to save people? It's so dumb, because in the time you're going to the government, who knows how many people could have died. It won't stop threat in any way, they're just trying to control you. The accords are dumb. And General Ross is dumber. "

"Now that I can agree with. So you think I should forgive the others?"

"I know forgiveness isn't something you do a lot, but yeah. It really helped me after you know."

"No I don't know. It helped you after what?"

"Dude, did you even do the background check I told you to do?"

"Uh, no."

"Wow, you hired someone to be your personal intern, who is around you basically all day and didn't even do a background check. I could have a record for vandalism or something and you wouldn't know."

"Do you have a record for vandalism?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, I'm just saying. You should really do background checks on your employees."

"I have people for that, now tell me what I want to know."

"Fine." I ran a hand through my hair and braced myself for the memory. "I got my powers when I was 14. Radioactive spider bite you know the drill. I got my powers and I didn't really do anything with them at first. Then about a week after I got my powers, I got into an argument with Uncle Ben. He was angry because, because I was so angry? I was just so angry s the world and I took it all out on Uncle Ben and Aunt May." I swallowed the guilt that was brought up every time I thought about what happened. "We were arguing, he was holding me accountable for how bitchy I'd been and I didn't wanna hear it so I stormed out, went to the convenience store to get some cheetos. Fucking cheetos of all things." I scoffed.

"The guy behind the register was being annoying, I was 2 cents short and I was just so annoyed I didn't even care. I went to leave, and the guy behind me, he had a gun and robbed the convenience store. I could have stopped him, but I was being petty and bitter I couldn't get my cheetos so I didn't." I felt tears start to form in my eyes and inhaled. "The guy ran past me and Uncle Ben- god, Uncle Ben. He always wanted to do the right thing, so when the guy ran past him, and the cashier shouted for someone to stop him, Uncle Ben did." I shut my eyes. "And the robber shot him."

I opened them to see Tony looking at me softly with what looked like understanding. "Kid-"

"And I've just, I've held so much damn resentment and anger towards the guy and also myself, ever since, you know? Like God, if only I hadn't been such a moody little bitch, maybe- maybe my Uncle would still be alive. And I had to channel that into something, right? So I looked for the guy that did it. Thought that once I found him, once I avenged Uncle Ben, everything would just be right as rain." I shook my head. "Naive. Stupid. Two wrongs never make a right, I should have known that."

"And did you?"

I looked at Tony and laughed humorlessly. "Yeah. I found the bastard that did it. Wanted to kill him. Almost did. Just as the light was about to leave his eyes, as I heard the guy BEG for mercy, I thought about Uncle Ben." I pressed my lips together. "I was so consumed by my anger and need for revenge that I didn't think about what he would have wanted. I let myself go, snapped at everyone, my grades were slipping because I was just so angry. I wasn't myself. He would never have wanted that. He would have wanted me to be happy, to use my super strength to help people. So instead, I just sent him into the police. I became Spiderwoman. I swung around the city and helping people, trying to prevent as many people as possible having to feel like I did after I lost Uncle Ben."

I exhaled. "With great power, comes great responsibility. Last words he ever said to me. I'll never forget them. I can't. They replay in my head at night, over and over."

Tony wrapped a comforting arm around me.

"I forgave the guy that killed Uncle Ben. Took a hell of a lot, but I forgave him and felt a lot better. My grades got even better than before and I started to spend more time with my friends. And I forgave myself."

Tony sighed and rubbed my shoulder. "I'll think about it, alright?"