i. welcome to hawkins

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬
part one

"𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!" Lily groaned, throwing her covers to the side and scrambling out of bed

"𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!" Lily groaned, throwing her covers to the side and scrambling out of bed. It wasn't out of the ordinary for her to snooze her alarm multiple times on a school morning. But, for her to completely sleep through it and wake up an hour late elicited a new level of panic from the sixteen-year-old girl, as she raced to get ready.

It was cold, colder than the average November morning, but by the time Lily had hastily thrown on an outfit and dragged a brush through her hair, her cheeks were flushed. She was pulling her sneakers on when she heard a car outside sound it's horn. Knowing it was her friend, Cindy, she raced downstairs, shouting a hurried goodbye to her mom before leaving the house.

"Sorry" She panted, climbing into the passenger seat of the car, "I know I said I'd be on time, but I slept through my alarm. I've not been up for long" She explained.

Cindy sighed and pressed down on the accelerator, "You do realise I've been waiting for you for fifteen minutes?"

Lily shrugged, "That's your fault though" She pointed out, "When have I ever been on time in the morning?"

"I guess I was expecting a miracle" Cindy frowned, turning out of the cul de sac and onto the main road.

Maple Street was part of one of the more prestigious neighbourhoods of Hawkins, Indiana. It was a small street, where nothing even remotely out of the ordinary ever happened, and it was within this suburban nightmare that the Andrews family lived.

Lily Andrews lived with her parents and older brother at 10 Maple Street, a large four bedroom house, identical to the others that lined the cul de sac. Her father was a Lawyer at an out of town firm, while her mom worked as an accountant for the local newspaper. Her brother, John, was four years older than her and was away at college. He came home a few times a year, so Lily felt like an only child more often than not because of this.

"I wouldn't hold your breath, Cindy" Lily joked, "Just wait, once I get my license, I bet you'll miss sitting outside my house every morning".

Cindy rolled her eyes, "If you manage to get your license before Junior year ends, I'll die of shock" She laughed.

Lily grinned, pulling the top half of her hair into a ponytail using the scrunchie on her wrist."But I don't need my licence yet, not when I've got my own personal chauffeur to drive me around".