Kai could not hold himself from curving a wide smile. He cleared his throat as he realised it.

"Great, tell them that he can start right away tomorrow," he demanded while fixing his seat position.

Lay was actually suprised to see the unexpected reaction he got from Kai but he chose to seal his lips.

"Yes, Master."

"What about that guy? Did he say anything?," Kai questioned and tried to change the topic before Lay would find out he was being weird.

Lay shook his head. "Not yet, we wi try to make him talk," he responded.
Kai nodded. "Alright, you may go now," he stated and soon Lay left the room, leaving the young guy alone in his room.

Few minutes later, the door was knocked.

"Come in," the firm voice sounded after the knocking on the door.

His eyes was still on the papers as a figure entered the room. "Kai," his eyebrows furrowed to hear the other deep voice.

"Oh, Hyung," Kai took off the spectacles from him and placed it on the table.

His hand moved to close the files and pushed it gently to the side.

Kris was standing there, full-suited– and slowly walked to the table before taking a seat.

"What can I help you?," Kai questioned while looking up at his elder brother.

The elder crossed his legs while folding his arms. "Everything is fine?," he asked.

"Yeah, good," Kai replied shortly.

Kris nodded. "Chanyeol is not here, and I heard you will recruit a new assistant?," those question made Kai shocked.

His eyes were wandering over the room to avoid from looking at his elder brother.

"Y-Yeah, something like that," that was the only way to answer.

Kris sighed deeply. "Does this person know about this actual job?," he questioned again to the younger.

"No, he doesn't," Kai could only truckled his head and refused to make any eye contacts.

"Then what are you doing, Kim Kai?," Kris was saying that with a higher tone than before. He was starting to call Kai by the name.

"What if he is not someone that you expected? Or even worse, he is just an innocent person," Kai chose to remain silent while hearing the blabbering from his brother.

Kris took a deep breath. "Do you want to drag him in this kind of thing?," his hand brushed over his hair.

Kai snorted as he heard that. "I will make sure nothing happen to him, he is my responsibility and no one can do anything to him," he replied and tried to control his own emotions.

Kris sighed. It was really hard to deal with his stubborn brother.

"Hyung, why can't you trust me for once?," Kai began to start being emotional. He was staring at the elder.

"Kai, that's not what I mean," Kris exhaled sharply. "But you need to be careful, enemies are just around us."

He felt something was going on with his younger brother. The way he talked about his new assistant was something different from usual.

"What if Chanyeol be back soon?," he questioned.

"I will think about it later, you don't have to worry," he replied.

"Kai, I told this because I'm worried, and Suho reminded me to ask you to come over,"  Kris suddenly said that, he looked up at the younger.

Kai nodded. "I will," he responded shortly and soon the room was filled with silence.

He did realise he was not that close with Kris like he was close with Baekhyun.

They always fought over small things, but he truly respected his eldest brother.

--kaihun--

"I'm nervous," Sehun was muttering that since just now and he was tapping his feet nervously.

He was waiting for the car since early in the morning to make sure there was no problem on his first day.

One thing that was bothering him was about his new boss. He didn't know anything about him.

What if he was actually a pervert old guy with a scary face that he always saw in the tv.

While he was thinking about how scary it will be, a car suddenly stopped right in front of him.

"Oh Sehun–ssi?," a guy stepped out of the car with a full work suit.

Sehun awkwardly nodded. "Yes," he frowned as the guy suddenly opened the car door for him.

"Please get in, Mr Kim is already waiting for you," Sehun, without thinking any longer, entered the car.

He was silently thinking about the Mr Kim that was mentioned. Who was this Mr Kim?

He had no idea at the moment but why was he treating him so nice like this?

Few minutes passed by and the car finally stopped. Sehun walked out of the car into the building.

It was kind of familiar for him.

"Wait a minute," he muttered and started looking around the luxury building.

He remembered it now! It was the place he interviewed that guy the other day.

Could he be hoping if the boss would be him?

--

Hiii! Hope you like the chapter and don't forget to leave comments 💗

Thank youuu and I love you! ♡

❤❤❤❤