twelve - the mall rats

Dustin stood just outside Imogen's workplace, looking at the different Lingerie

Dustin stood just outside Imogen's workplace, looking at the different Lingerie. He stood there for a while, and her trainees came over to her," Um—Manager?" One of them whispered tapping her shoulder

"Yes?" Imogen didn't turn around and just said while she sorted out the Lingerie sets.

"There is another boy that's just standing at the front gawking—He might scare the customers away"

Imogen rolled her eyes placing the matching sets down and turned ready to scare off the young teens who made it a habit to look at the mannequins. None of her co-workers had the guts to scare off people, so it was always her.

"For the love of—" She let out a snort, seeing her brother wave," Oh, that's my little brother"

"Really? Oh—I'm sorry" Imogen chuckled patting her shoulder," Is it okay if I take a break? He just got back from Camp and all, and he probably wants to spend time with me"

"Oh! Yeah sure, totally, I'll give you an extra hour"

Imogen grinned thanking her, as she walked over to Dustin throwing her arm over his shoulder," I swear, you boys are not going to catch a virus walking in the store you know"

"I can't believe you got a job there" He shivered," But I guess you did just to be next to Steve's workplace"

"Well yeah, it was—but the minimum wage is amazing there! I get Five dollars an hour; can you believe that?"

They both walked into Scoops Ahoy and got in line, after the two before them. Robin was too busy scooping ice cream into the cones to notice her.

"Aren't you proud he got the job?" Dustin looked up at her," Nah, I knew he would get it, I mean I didn't spend 5 hours mock-interviewing him for nothing"

"Five hours?!" Dustin gaped as she nodded," Yeah, could have been six, but Mom came and saved the day, with dinner"

"Hey, Manager!" Imogen turned her head up to her co-worker who called out to her," Hey I'll be right back"

"Okay"

She walked over to her employer, Gina," Is something wrong?"

"Yeah, Sally can't make it for her shift—and I tried to call the others, but no one can cover her"

"Shit" Imogen bit her lip, and peeked behind her, to her brother and boyfriend laughing.

"I'll cover her" She turned back," Just put the key in my locker, and I'll close the shop tonight" Gina nodded walking back to the shop next door.

"How many children are you friends with?" Robin asked looking at the two before her, Imogen laughed walking over and having heard her question.

"Oh Rob, trust me—too many to count" Steve looked at her and pouted as she sent him a wink.