"Bye and thanks!" I said before trying my best to give him a hug from the side.

I left the car and walked up to room 312. I opened the door with my keys and placed the keys on the counter. I went to my bathroom to take a shower. Afterward, I was in baggy clothing. I tossed some of my clothes in the washing machine. I saw my laptop was still on the counter so I decided to spend time studying.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤

I stopped when I heard my phone ding, it was a number I haven't saved.

Unknown:

Hey

6:31 pm

Luna:

Who is this?

6:32 pm

Unknown:

Colby

6:32 pm

Contact name changed to "✖︎Colby Brick🧱"

Luna:

Hey

6:34 pm

✖︎Colby Brick🧱:

Can I come over?

6:35 pm

Luna:

Sure

6:35 pm

✖︎Colby Brick🧱:

Coming over now

6:36 pm

Luna:

Sounds good, stay safe.

6:37 pm

I place my phone down and put my head in my hands, tired of working. I close my laptop and leave it on the counter with it charging. Within a few minutes, there was a knock on the door, I open it to reveal Colby with two drinks.

"Made a pit stop," he said.

"Okies," I said smiling. I let him in and he sat down on a barstool.

"Do you have any furniture in here?" He asked.

"Nope," I said. "Unless you count an air mattress and barstools."

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't really need much. Heck, I don't even have a TV," I said.

"What do you do then?" Colby asked.

"On my computer, phone, go on walks, sit on my balcony work and school, " I said. Colby and I talked until he was drawn to his phone and I didn't want to interrupt what he was doing so I got up and went outside on the small balcony.

As usual, I stared down to the streets looking at people pass slower than cars, the lights. While I looked at the sky and I noticed that it was right after sunset the sky had a variety of pink, blues, purple and even some orange hues. I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. I looked behind me and saw Colby.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello. Why'd you come out here?" He asked coming beside me and looking at the sky.

"I didn't want to interrupt you while you were on your phone so came out here, and also cause it's nice," I said.

He leaned in on the railing and I placed my head on his arm. We stood there in comfortable silence while listening to faint conversations and cars passing by. The occasional pet noise. Soon the sun was fully set and the street lamps lit the road as long with the car lights with whites, reds, and pale yellows. I shut my eyes for a bit then yawn.

"Are you tired?" Colby said with a smile.

"A bit," I said.

"I'ma go change," I said. I walked to my room and put on a baggy pair of sleeping pants and a baggy hoodie. I walk out of my room to see Colby standing at the end of the hall. When he saw me he came running to me. I ran back in my room he caught up to me and started tickling me. I laughed while he continued.

"C-Colby! Stop!" I laughed.

"Fine," he said stopping.

I collapse on my bed facing away from him. I feel the bed dip and then an arm on me. I'm pulled closer to Colby, his face finds his way into my hair. I smile before my eyelids become heavy and sleep consumes me.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤

I wake up and attempt to get up but am pulled down.

"Is this going to become a normal thing?" I asked.

"Maybe, I dunno," Colby said groggily.

"Colby lemme get up," I said.

"But your warm and comfortable," He said pulling me closer.

"Colbyyyyyyy," I drew out.

"Lunaaaaaaa," he mimicked, burying his face in my hair. I gave in and then heard him snoring softly, I saw my phone was in reach and grabbed it. I took a picture of Colby and I, smiling at the picture.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked.

"Cause I can," I said. I escaped his grip and found the clothes I would wear today. I went to the bathroom and changed and did my normal routine. I stepped out to see Colby laying on my bed, on his phone.

"So what're you gonna do?" I asked.

"Go home in a bit and bring you," He said.

"Why are you gonna get me?" I asked

"Cause you need a break from studying," he said.

"Colby let me explain this," I said sitting on the bed ledge. "I am in my last year of college. I'm graduating soon. I need to pass these next couple exams then I'll be finished. There is one the day after tomorrow then next one a few days," I said.

"You studied all day yesterday so a day for a break," He said. I looked at Colby dead in the eyes and he did the same.

"Fine," I said. He smiled at me. He got up and so I grabbed my phone and keys then followed him to his car. I sat with him and laid my head back. When we arrived and off to his place.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?

Next chapter: L O A D I N G . . .