thirty! ⋆ ISN'T IT TIME YOU DIED

Start from the beginning

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Isn't it past your bedtime?"

"Isn't it time you died?" she yelled back, and Kate couldn't even try to stop the laugh that bubbled in her throat. She rarely ever got the chance to talk with the younger Sinclair, but she had a feeling they'd get along quite well.

"Psycho!" the brother yelled.

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

He didn't get another chance to retort, before he was dragged into Scoops Ahoy by Max. Kate led the group into the store. "Hey, Robin!"

"Hey, Kate," she smiled before turning to the window of the backroom. "Hey, dingus, your children are here."

Steve opened the translucent glass. "Again? Seriously?"

Kate simply smiled at him in response.

He led them into the back, and out into the dim hallway. They exited in a single file line, while the blonde hung back for a moment. She lightly tugged at the red tie of his outfit, pulling him down so she could press a kiss to his cheek.

"You're the best."

"I know," he responded sarcastically. He called out to the kids, "I swear, if anybody hears about this–"

"We're dead," they all finished for him.

Kate breathed out a laugh as Steve shook his head. And suddenly, she was being pressed up against the door as his lips smashed into hers. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her body closer to his. Kate reached up to grab the hat from his head, as her other hand tangled through his long locks.

"Steve. Steve," she muttered against his lips before pulling away slightly. "I have to go."

He didn't listen at first, which didn't surprise the blonde. He pressed a few more kisses to her lips for good measure before pulling back himself. "Okay, okay. I'll see you after?"

"Of course," Kate smiled before handing him his sailor's hat and running to catch up with her friends.

She managed to get to them before they entered the theatre, and they shuffled past the people already sitting down, to find five available seats. Kate sat between Will and Max, while Lucas and Mike sat on the outside of the group. The blonde put her bag on the floor and began to hand out the food she had packed.

"See, Kate? We made it." Mike pointed out. Kate rolled her eyes and handed him a fresh hot dog wrapped in tin foil.

Lucas leaned forward to see the darker-haired boy. "We missed the previews."

"Still made it," Max countered with a smile. "Fart face."

The lights dimmed as the movie started. It was short-lived, however, as it quickly shut down only moments later. Everyone began to shout in protest, and all the noise made Kate's head hurt.

Before she knew it, her eyes glazed over white. It had been months since Kate had experienced one of those 'visions,' she really hadn't had one since the night in the junkyard with Steve and the rest of the kids.

She couldn't see much; ahead of her looked like thousands of glass shards, they lifted suddenly and began to rotate in a way that looked like a tornado. There was a loud, distant roar that echoed all around her.

She didn't get the chance to make sense of what she'd seen before being brought back to reality by the cheers of theatre-goers. The movie sputtered back to life. Kate sat up a bit more in her seat as her head started to pound slightly.