actually doing that five facts thing

So, storytime.

I'm 90% sure that I was still around on my old account for one of the few rounds of this tag through the internet, and even though I remember being tagged I don't think I ever actually did it. This time I was tagged by AEKersey and I was hyped because I realized I could finally do it right this time, but then I had to work and practice and write entries and I completely forgot until she posted her next ten facts. Better late then never, right?

I'm not sure if anyone is going to find this interesting, but oh well. Here we go!

1. I feel like it's really on brand for me to start with a singing fact, so here we go. My vocal range goes from E3 (E below Middle C) to, so far, A6 (A above high C). I spent a good three years convinced I was a low alto because that's what I sang in choir, but when I started my private voice lessons my voice teacher realized that I have this huge high range that I just never used. Now that I know I actually have this my goal is to eventually work up to performing Mozart's Queen of the Night aria at some point in my career. I have the range, but I just need to work on building up the stamina because that song is a BEAST.  

2. I'm starting university this year as a Bachelor of Music student with a minor in French, but somehow I've ended up as the first year representative for the Drama Studies society. I'm not taking any Drama Studies classes this year. I've never been in a theatrical production that isn't a musical. Despite all that, someone saw my profile that I posted on a "Class of 2023" Facebook page for my university and decided I was the right person for the job. Not sure why, but it seems like a good time so I figured why not go for it?

3. I straight up (ha) have no idea what my sexuality is at this point. I've considered myself ace for years, but recently things have been weird and I don't really know where I fit anymore. Not going to elaborate that much on this one, other then that I know I'm not straight and I know I'm not fully gay. Life is confusing, you know? I don't know if I'm going to regret putting this fact in here but there's literally only one person who's going to read this that I'll see in real life, so what do I have to lose?

4. I basically live and breathe the colour blue. Every outfit I wear has some blue (almost always blue jeans) my room is blue, my decor is blue, my prom dress was blue, I always am the blue player in board games... You get the idea. It's always been my favourite colour, but after having blue choir uniforms for years and living next to the ocean it now has a lot of sentimental value. My mother thinks I wear too much blue but who the hell actually cares?

5. I'm currently obsessed with the Hadestown Original Broadway Cast recording. I've always had a soft spot for Waitress (another musical with a score composed by a singer-songwriter) so I guess maybe singer-songwriter musicals are my niche for musical theatre. I never thought anything would top Waitress, but literally all I've been able to listen to for a month is Hadestown. If you haven't listened to the soundtrack you need to go check it out immediately, it's absolutely beautiful and powerful and I need to see this live at some point.

I have no idea who to tag because I only talk to literally three people online now (fact six, I feel like I don't fit in with the "new people" but I also don't fit in with the people who were on Wattpad back when I originally was either so like I just kind of float in weird Wattpad limbo) so I'm sorry if this seems a little random or if you've already been tagged already. You don't actually have to do this, I'd just feel weird leaving it out.

My tags:

MagmaKepner

gracey_liz

katniss-everdeen

yellowbillycat

LightOfTheMooneh