three - the pollywog

Start from the beginning

"That's the thing, there are only two, Indirana Semipalmata and Adenomera Andreae" He opened the book he had marked showing it to her.

"Those are from India and South America," She read then turned up to him," How did it end up in our trash?"

"I don't know, but the thing is he hates heat"

"Well that's new"

"That means I've discovered a new species"

Imogen just sighed patting her brother's head," Okay my nerdy brother, I bet you want to show him off to the guys, so why don't you get ready and I'll drop you off?"

"What about you? Wait—why are you home anyway?"

"Partying last night" Imogen got up from his bed," You have ten minutes, and I should be ready as well"

"Thank you, sis!"

"No problem Duffin"

━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━◦━━━━

"Holy shit babe" Tina walked over to Imogen who was at her locker," You look like a hot ass mess"

"Thank you for the unnecessary commentary Christina"

Tina scrunched her nose," Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

"Hangover at its finest" Imogen shut her locker turning to her the female," Sorry for ditching last night, I didn't even know I was brought home"

"It's fine" Tina waved her hand," I kind of knew you'd leave with what happened"

Imogen furrowed her brows in confusion looking at Tina," What happened?" when she asked that she was only aware of the stares and quiet mumbling around the hallways, all she knew was that they were about herself.

"What the fuck did I do?"

"More like what Byers did" Tina started folding her arms

"What that he took me home?"

Tina looked at her letting out a laugh, thinking she was joking, but immediately saw that was not the case," Babe, Jonathan took Nancy home, not you"

"Wait" Imogen raised her hand," Are you saying someone else took me home?"

"Yeah, it was Steve" Tina smirked," Way to go, stealing your man back"

"Hold o—Steve?!" She whispered yelled to Tina," No, my mom said the nice young—"

"Your mom who literally calls everyone nice?" Tina raised her eyebrow

Imogen ran a hand through her hair and looked at two females whispering to each other," Hey" She walked over to them," Cathy and Sydney, right?" She looked at the two who nodded intimidated by Imogen.

"What rumours have you heard about me?" She looked at them folding her arms both females sharing looks.

"Come on now, I'm not going to blame you two for whatever you probably heard. I know you both weren't at the party, since you're what? Sophomores?" She asked both nodding their heads.

"Y-yes" Cathy stuttered

Imogen sighed reaching over and putting a hand on their shoulders," I'm not trying to scare you both" She said carefully and softly," I just like to know what these rumours are, and see which ass I got to kick"

"I-I don't know who started it since we just heard from our classmates, but—" Sydney looked at Cathy who bobbed her head to continue," People are saying the King and Queen are back together after Byers forced a kiss on you to make Steve and Nancy jealous"