1. Introduction

If you're not here from my 'Varian x Reader Oneshot's" book, in which there's a specific chapter that explains what this story will be about, I'll copy-paste it down below

So if you came here from my one-shot book, and have read the chapter, go on ahead to the next chapter.

-And if you came here elsewise, I highly suggest that you read what's below.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, so does any of you know Dissociative identity disorder? (DID)

It's kinda shown in the movie known as "Split", however this movie is so bad, when giving information about the disorder. In the movie, it's portrayed as something horryfiyng and dangerous, when in reality, it's actually completely harmless!

DID is a mental disorder, where a person can have multiple "alters". It's where the consciousness or mind is split up, due to traumatic events when you're younger. It's where the body can't live with, or progress what happened, and so it sets up amnesia walls. DID is not bad, but a coping mechanism. IT'S NOT DANGOROUS AT ALL!

I just wanted to clear that out.

In this story though, the disease that Varian has (or gets) is based on the idea of DID - but a hudred times worse. So in this story, Its a very serious and dangerous disorder. (IT DOES NOT PORTRAY THE REAL THING IN ANY WAY!)

But yeah, in the story, Varian will be the owner of this fictional disorder, and he will have 'only' two personalities/alters. One personality is the one where he's a sweet, precious cinnamon-roll, and the other personality, is the evil and revengeful boy we got to know at the end of Tangled: The Series S1.

(See, it's already nothing like the real DID - I just mentioned DID for you guys to have a tiny bit of idea, of what this is.)

Varian can't control when he switches personality, making him a great danger for everyone around him. Especially you.

[Further information of the story]

1- Varian's 'good' personality is the one we got to know at first in the show. The clumsy and caring little bean we all love, who will do everything for the ones he cares about - and that's you.

2- Varian's 'bad' personality knows nothing about love, and cares only about revenge over the death of his father, and his goal is to make every single one in Corona pay. And nothing can stop him from achieving this. This personalitys goal, is also to steal the 'light/consciousness' from Varian's good side, so only the bad side will remain. And of course, Varian's 'bad' side, is also very clever and will do everything it takes for everyone to be unaware of his evil plans.

3. When the real Varian (The good one, lol) regains consciousness, he will remember nothing about what he did as the 'bad' Varian. Meaning, hewill have memory gaps. Though, as the story goes on, he get's more and more aware of what is happening to him.

4. The story takes place after Varian has lost his father, but he didn't lose his father, the same way as in the series.

SOOOO, yeah. What will happen when Varian's bad side starts taking over? Will You, Rapunzel and your friends be able to help him? Will you even be aware of his plans to take over Corona, before it's too late? And will Varians love for you be strong enough, for him not to harm you when he's not himself?

Read to find out! ;)

⚠️!-DISCLAIMER-!⚠️
Again, this fanfiction does NOT portray the real DID for fictional purposes, it portrays the stereotypical and an inspirationed version of  DID!
This is completely fictional, inspired by the disease! The real thing is nothing but harmless! I'm not an expert, remember that.
Thank you

Also, this story is FILLED with angst. Consider this a trigger warning, cause this story certainly isn't for soft people.