1 - Feel Something.

"I don't know piper what do we even know about this party?" I asked while I stared at my closet for something to wear because even if I said I don't know I was still going to be dragged.

"Carter just lighten up and get cute because we're going and your going to love it"

I looked back at my very cheerful friend and scrunched my face "I don't know about love but hopefully it's worth it" Finally after much search I have a descent outfit that was approved by piper surprisingly.

I walk out to the living room were Thea, Bryson and Jasper are and they are already ready Piper follows behind me while she's still putting her shoes on.

Oh by the way did I mention I live with my best friends.
"Finally" they all say.
"Y'all take forever" Bryson wined.

I look at Piper and just laugh while she roles her eyes at them. They are all pretty dramatic but so was I so we all just complimented each other.

It takes us about 5 minutes to walk to the party since it was so close we decided not to drive plus it's a party which theirs probably going to be drinks and we don't need any of our friends driving after that. When we get to the house it's already packed with people some drunk and some sober but it just seemed that everyone was having a good time.

We find a good spot to hang out and Bryson and Jasper bring drinks and I don't know how but they bring a lot to fill us up for the night.

While we're all laughing about old times a group of friends are now standing by us. They weren't really paying attention to us but they were hanging out and talking amongst themselves. I take a sip out of my drink and just admire everything around the room everyone is in their own little world laughing, dancing and just being carefree. I look back at my friends and then back at the group next to us one person in particular catches my attention.

It only took a second of me staring at him when he turned to look at me. Something about him made me not turn away it didn't really feel awkward which was strange considering I'm extremely awkward. After a few seconds of staring at each other I looked away and continued conversations with my friends. I was only on my second drink of the night and everything was going smooth until I looked to my left to see the guy standing next to me. It looked like he was about to tap my shoulder but I guess I beat him to it.

He gave me a smile "Hi I'm Elijah".

I would be lying if I said it didn't take me a-couple of seconds to remember this was all real life it felt like it was all my imagination until he cleared his throat. Shit way to make it awkward Carter. "I'm Carter"

"That's a lovely name really unique"

I smile at him and look at ground "thank you Elijah is a really cool name as-well" I look up to try and read any reaction to my compliment. Which he smiles and thanks me back.

I look back at my friends to see if any of them are watching our interaction and they all just give me a "talk to him he's trying to talk to you" look YEAH very specific.

I look back at Elijah who is looking at me with a smirk wow he's really cute why would he even come and talk to me out of everyone.

"Look I'm sorry if I startled you I just felt like I needed to come say something to you... theirs just something about you I can't really tell what it is but it's something"

When he said that it kind of actually made me feel something considering I felt that exact way about him when I first saw him.

"You felt it as-well?"

He stared at me in relief yet confusion at what I said. I can tell that after this the night is just going to get even more interesting.

————————————————————————
This is just part 1 to the night at the party so their conversation is in the next chapter!
I hope you all like it I've been thinking about how I want this story to go and I'm excited to share it! - Janie 🖤