Departure

November 18th, 1956

On the small street of Ashton, a large truck drove down the road, a picture of an eagle was painted on the side. Secured to the back of the truck was a giant cargo. Then, in front of a single Victorian house, it stopped, screeching to a halt.

It parked beside a sidewalk located right across from the house. Two men stepped out of the truck, slamming the door shut behind them. They marched up to the porch as one of them pulled an ID badge from his inner pocket, flipping it open.

The house was old. At least several decades or even a century old. The paint was peeling off the walls and the wood boards groaned and gave way slightly under their feet. Windows were stained and small armies of ants crawled along the floor.

But the house had some upgrades. The door had been switched out for a nicely painted dark oak door and in front of that was a replicate glass layer. Several lanterns hung from the top of the porch, some of them had lost their hooks however and just sat on top of the railing.

The two men glanced at each other briefly before knocking on the glass layer of the door, waiting for the housekeeper to respond.

Inside, a woman in her mid-50s opened the wooden door about halfway, peeking out from behind the glass layer. "Hello? Who are you two?" She asked, pulling the door wider as soon as she saw the badge.

She wasn't an idiot. She knew who these two agents were but that didn't stop her from clarifying who.

After all, they've worked with her sister before.

"Government officials. Max and Jack." One of the men announces. "Are you May Parker?" He asks, tucking the badge away. The woman paused then slowly nodded, her face paling. "Yeah, that's me. Why? Have a problem?" She asked, leaning against the doorframe.

Max shrugs. "No, but rumors run that your... nephew isn't quite what he seems. And you know law regulations-"

May frowns deeply then shakes her head. "No, no, no... You can't. He's all I have left." She pleads but it fell on deaf ears.

"-We always have to be careful."

"It'll be alright, Mrs. Parker." Jack steps forward. "We'll check up on him back at the laboratory and if he's absolutely normal then we can return him to you. But if he isn't..." The edge of his lips dipped down. "Then my apologies, ma'am."

May takes a step back from the glass. "No, I can't. I won't let you take my nephew from me!"

Right at that moment, a small child crept down the stairs. He was six years old, tiny with big brown eyes and freckles coloring his face.

"May? What's going on?" He yawned, rubbing at his eyes. May's eyes widened as she rushed over to him and urged him to return up the stairs. "Just go back to sleep, honey." She whispered, pressing her hand against his back. Max reached out and gripped the door handle, jiggling it.

"Mrs. Parker! If you continue to resist, we'll be forced to take you in!" He yelled out to her, continuing to twist the handle. May glanced back at them before scooping the boy up in her arms and dashing up the stairs. Max snarled as he took several steps back and ran forward, slamming into the door and breaking it down into tiny, fragmented pieces.

The shards crunched under his feet as Jack ran in beside him, rushing up the door. "May Parker! Come out with your hands up and give us the child!" He shouts, looking around the hallway. "We have no choice but to detain you both so give yourself a favor and come in peacefully..." Jack's hand flew to his waist, pulling out his gun quickly.