AAAAAAH! OPHELIA'S TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR THIS WORLD!! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE REALLY BE THIS PRETTY?! (╥ᆺ╥;)

When my eyes finally got their fill, I finally opened up the book and began reading with vigor. I couldn't wait to see the conclusion to this series. My body was ready.

. . . . . . . .

The ground shook as thorned vines erupted from the dirt, gleaming in the moonlight as they advanced to Carole at an alarming speed, barely giving her enough time to dodge their attacks or protect herself with her own magic.

A shrill laugh resounded in the night air as Carole finally got hit, a wound appearing on her thin left arm, blood slowly beginning to flow from it.

"Oh my, it seems the rat's been caught in a trap. How pitiful." A familiar voice teased, full of unhidden malice. Out of the darkness stepped the owner of the voice in all of her beauty, Ophelia Dubannes. Her gold eyes leered at her without hesitation. Truly, this girl hated her guts.

"O-Ophelia! Why are you-"

"Please do shut up. Your squeaking is giving me a headache."

Another slash of the vines had Carole jumping away. Nothing less could be expected from the top student's magic, but who would've thought she'd be experiencing its terror first hand.

"Ophelia, you don't need to do this!" Carole exclaimed, getting hit by another slash of the vines. This time her leg was hit and it burned.

Ophelia laughed. "You should worry less about me, rat. Those vines of mine are coated with a slow-acting poison. You'll be out cold in less than ten minutes."

Carole visibly paled at the mention of poison and did indeed notice her movements had become sluggish. However, Carole could do nothing but continue to move as she got more tired and her sight got more and more muddled. Eventually, the petite girl could take no more and fell to the ground in a comatose state.

Ophelia waited to be absolutely sure that Carole was out cold before dispelling her magic and letting out a sigh of relief. After getting rid of this nuisance, everything would be back to normal. She began advancing towards Carole's knocked out body with calm, unhurried steps. She wouldn't have to worry about being replaced, her father wouldn't have to worry about losing his position and their home, and her younger siblings would have a stable life. All that she wanted.

She stopped in front of Carole's body, noticing the girl's still rising chest. So she was still alive. Ophelia took in the appearance of the bane of her existence. Chocolate brown hair with fair skin and a petite yet cute body. No wonder she was able to catch Floyd's attention. No matter. She'd be gone in no time.

Ophelia summoned her magic once more, a single thorny vine appeared and hovered over Carole's chest. Ready to deal the final blow. For a time though, the vine was completely still and seemed to tremble even. How strange, she was getting sentimental about someone who could've ruined her whole life. If only ... If only Carole hadn't gone for her man. Maybe things could've been different. Yet they weren't. Ophelia steeled herself and the tentacle raised.

It never lowered. A piercing pain was sent crashing through Ophelia's back and chest, causing her to cry out and look down, tasting iron in her mouth. It was a sword that gleamed in the moonlight with not only it's sharpness but her blood.

"W-who...." Ophelia slowly turned her head to be met with despair. It was Floyd, his face contorted in rage. She had never seen him with such an expression.

Villainess Reform Projectजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें