2

★·.·'¯'·.·★ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 ★·.·'¯'·.·★

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. " - Unknown   

|||||||

"I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" he asked, trying not to give away his smirk.

With her face still bewildered she nodded her head, "Um, I think so bud, so I'd like to kindly ask you to leave the cafe because I'm a woman of my own choices and I choose not to just give myself away like that," she told him giving him a stone cold glare. "It's quite disrespectful if you ask me, trying to pay me money in order to get into your pants-"

"Wait no, that was never my offer to you," he quickly said cutting her off.

She gave him another look, clearly confusion written all over her face, "Well then Mr. Parker," she said emphasizing the 'p", "What could you possibly mean by giving me two billion dollars?" she eyed him suspiciously.

Sure the amount of money sounded very tempting but she wasn't sure what this random man wanted with her. She was just a waitress trying to work her hours and earn her money for her bills. Normal, that's what she was, a normal civilian till this mystery man came up to her and said the most insane thing anyone would consider hearing.

"It's a long story," Peter started out, "But the short version of it is my very egotistical father has given me three months to find someone to marry or else he would evoked my privileges to continue owning our family business," he explained. "I just need you to accompany me for one year at the most." he said, hiding away his pleading eyes.

MJ blinked once. Twice. Trying to comprehend the words leaving his mouth.

Was he really serious? Asking a random person to marry him just because he wasn't man enough to settle down for a woman? MJ thought to herself.

This man was insane.

"I'm sorry, but you're saying that you want me," she pointed to herself, "a random person- to pretend to marry you for one year so your father can let you keep the family business?" she repeated.

Peter cocked an eyebrow, "Yes, that's indeed what I just said." For a gorgeous woman she didn't seem so bright. He thought to himself.

"And you didn't think to ask the millions of other females to go along with your exotic plan?" she asked. "Instead of a stranger that could potentially kill you and steal all your money," Was this man dumb as a rock? She thought to herself.

Peter let out a deep chuckle, "No offence sweetheart but you don't look threatening at all, in fact my four year old niece can look scarier than you, love," he admitted.

Did he actually just insult me with his four year old niece? She thought.

MJ gritted her teeth, tempting to look scary and scooted towards Peter, their faces just mere inches to each other, "Listen here you high class privileged uncanny British man-whore, you don't get to just waltz into my work space and insult me like that. And I won't hesitate to break your nose either love," she threatened, adding a fake British accent to the word "love".

Peter eyes focus on her brown wavy hair, then to her brown warm eyes then down to her lips. He was mesmerized by her looks despite her wearing just a long grainy brown skirt and an apron with coffee stains on it. He could tell she wasn't like any other woman he'd met before. And it seemed sort of refreshing. It was different.

Trying to get rid of her out of his mind he just gave her a lopsided boyish smile, "Aren't you just adorable, threatening men probably twice your age," he cooed, giving her a pat on the top of her head.

MJ's face began to turn red from embarrassment? Anger?

She quickly smacked his broad hands away from her hair, "Hey! Don't touch my hair." she protested, moving further away from him in the booth, "Could you be anymore annoying, god!" she fumed.

Even if she was slightly attracted to this guy he was indeed getting under her skin in just minutes of meeting him.

Unable to hide his smirk he spoke, "Actually yes I can."

"It wasn't a rhetorical question Mr. Parker," she said, rolling her eyes.

He shook his head at her comment, then let out a sigh "Well, you still haven't given me an answer if you would want to agree with my offer?" waiting for her to agree with his terms.

To him, she was the perfect candidate for it. Plus who would turn down two billions dollars? The amount of money in someone's account will greatly make their life much easier.

Her lips part in still disbelief. Why was he so fond of her? He could have chosen any other woman to be part of his plan, a more gorgeous woman.

She sat thinking. No matter how nice the money sounded she just couldn't wrap her head around how ridiculous this sounded. But at the same time something like this would never happen every day.

Shaking her head to yourself, she just couldn't do it. Be married to this man for pretend? What if he suddenly got tired of her and turned on her. If he had a billion dollars to offer her just like that, it meant he was very rich and powerful. He could honestly ruin her life if she changed her mind or backed out.

She gave him a stern look, "No. Thank you for the offer but no." she denied, "Now can you please let me out of this booth I have a job to do," she asked.

Mr. Parker stared at her, bewildered at her deny. Every second he was speaking with her, she seem to still amaze him. He was in shock. Whenever he offered even a couple hundred of dollars to anyone with his devilishly smile it always worked. Always. But this woman right here, denied it in a bat of an eye.

Without another word he got up from the booth and let her slide out. She stood right next to him at her feet, waiting for a response before she continued back to work.

Mr. Parker quietly unbutton his jacket and pulled out a card. "Here take this," he held out his card as she took it, "I have a feeling you will be back and begging me for this offer love," he smirked, sending her a wink.

Her mouth gaped open a little, "You little ego maniac bitch—"

"Good day now Miss. Jones," he interrupted her before bidding her goodbye and walking away in such confidence and pride.

She clenched her fist together watching his back walk away, causing the card to crumble into her hand. "Ugh men!" she ground out, throwing the card by the nearby trash can.

She was grateful that she dodged that bullet.

Straightening out her apron she put on a smile and continued to close up the shop with Mr. Parker still on the back of her mind.

|||||

★·.·'¯'·.·★ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 ★·.·'¯'·.·★

I genuinely haven't written in so long guys. So sorry if this is garbage.

Like! Comment! & Share!