The Sea

Water droplets run down my bare legs sinking into the sand below.

The moon reflecting against the water causes a nostalgic moment in my mind.

I close my eyes and let the night air nip at my skin. They salty smell of the sea in front of me bringing back memories.

I slowly open my eyes and notice I am no longer alone.

"Hey,are you okay?"

There is a tall man in front of me looking at me with concern. Or at least I thinks it's concern? I'm honestly too drunk to make much out.

My nose is running and I begin to sniffle.

"Of course! Never better.."
Little does he know I've lost my sanity.

"Yeah, by the looks of it you don't sound too okay."

"Sir. I think I know if I'm okay  or not." Who does he think he is ?

Honestly I'm probably being over dramatic and sassy, the poor guy has no idea what's going on. But I blame the alcohol.

He chuckles at my response and smiles showing off his pearly whites.

My breath catches in my throat and I blush a deep crimson. Thankfully it's fairly dark and I'm sure he can't tell.

He sits next to me in the warm sand and looks out to sea. "It's beautiful isn't it?" He breathes.

I crack a smile and sigh. He's not going to leave me alone. "The biggest desert in the world is actually the sea. Did you know that? One of the deadliest beasts in this world. It's not beautiful.... it's captivating."

He tilts his head towards me and gives me a curious look. The soft moonlight caresses his features and his eyes catch mine. And I can't help but fall into a trance.

His eyes hold blue raging seas. Seas that would eventually drown me.