millie grinned, reaching out to grasp his hand that he had held out to her, standing up and facing him.

"where to, your highness,"
finn gave her hand a squeeze, before walking alongside her on the boarded path by the seashore.

"where ever your lil heart desires."
she looked up at him, gushing with a wide, toothy grin. her rosy cheeks beamed with color, the rising sun reflecting colors of peach onto the tip of her nose and across her faint freckles.

finn's lips were pressed together, as he tried to hide his smile from the small girl.

"follow me. i want to show you something. something very special."
he gave her hand a little squeeze and walked along the boardwalk, millie by his side.

"hey, my legs are little!! i cant keep up with you mister."
millie grumbled, but letting out a small giggle in between.

finn bit his lip and smirked , his eyes twinkling with mischief , as he continued to drag the girl trying her best to keep up with him.

"finnie!! what-"
she was just about to mention something, but she quickly stopped when finn turned into a small, open ended alleyway.

fuck.

what if he was just like every other guy.

it always seemed to end this way.

millie's eyes widened.

did he just bring her there to make out and then, after her emotions and energy were running wild, leave her?

"what-"
she began to speak again, expecting him to roughly turn her around, back against the wall.

but he simply kept on walking towards the open end, slowly, and letting go of her hand.

"shh; you might wake them, love."
he softly put a finger to her lips, looking from her confused eyes to the other end of the alley.

they reached the open end, and millie's eyes widened as she looked out over the sand covered surface that led to a small lagoon.

there was a small burrow on the beach that finn's dark eyes were glued to.

she slowly slipped off her sandals and stepped closer.

there, in the small sandy hole, were 2 small baby sea turtles, resting.

the larger one had his fin placed over the smaller one, who was half buried beneath the course sand.

millie stood there, her mouth agape as she stared down at the small creatures.

finn smiled down at the intrigued girl who's eyes were glued to his discovery.

"did you- did you find this place yourself?"
millie whispered, looking out across the hidden landscape.

"i used to walk passed this alleyway every day during the summer, because i stayed with my grandmother during the season, and had nothing else to do. i used to take my dog- er- late dog, rosy, out for early morning walks. it was her favorite thing to do."

finn chuckled at the memory, staring down at his feet as he softly kicked loose sand off of his tennis shoes.

"she used to bury her nose in every flower basket that the shops had out in the sun, and she would always sneeze about seven times before stopping. i could've swore she developed allergies, which is partly my fault, from taking her around so many plants and shit."

millie smiled softly as finn continued telling the story of a creature he once knew, and from what it sounded like to her ears, a creature that he memorized every detail about and loved every bit of it.

"well, one day, she stumbled around this alleyway, searching for more flowers to develop asthma with. she accidentally stepped on a shard of glass. i didn't know what else to do, so i ran for a nearby shop to ask for help. stupid thing for a thirteen year old to do. when i came back, with no help or luck, rosy was gone. i called out to her, but there was no response. so i walked down this alleyway, and found her on this small beach. she was digging around with her nose in the sand, which probably didn't help her lungs very much. a week later, she unexpectedly died."

finn paused, kicking a rock at the water several feet away.

he bit his lip, not wanting to remember that memory that seemed to haunt him.

millie looked up at him and slowly wrapped her thumb around his hand, which was shoved in his pocket.

finn slowly intertwined their fingers as he continued with the story.

"the doctors weren't sure what she died from. could've been her infected paw from the glass. but my grandmother and i always believed it was from her long years of sniffing flowers, that her lungs got so full of shit, and she couldn't breathe. anyways, this has always been her spot. i've kept it a secret since. she's buried right there, actually. on the edge of that rockbed."

millie peered to the direction he pointed at. there was a small basket of collected flowers, some fresher than others, and some wilted, showing signs of age.

"ever since i left to study abroad, someone has been returning every day and places flowers in her basket. it's still a mystery. my grandmother swears it's my guardian angel, keeping up the legacy of rosy."

finn gave millies hand a small squeeze.

"aw, finnie. i'm sorry. that's sweet. i'm sure she's sniffing all the flowers she wants in doggy heaven."

millie smiled softly, resting her head on finn's upper bicep.

(she was just a tad bit too short to reach his shoulder and lie her head on it.)

they both looked out over the calmed water, breathing in sync.

"we should go."
finn said, raising his voice from a whisper slightly.

"yeah."
millie whispered, taking a deep breath, but not moving an inch.

the curly haired boy looked down at her at the exact time the honey-eyed girl shifted her vision to look up at him.

"i wonder what happens next."
finn mumbled, his eyes glued down on the girl.

"i kinda wanna kiss you."
she said under her breath, but intentionally loud enough for him to hear.

"same."
without missing a beat, he instantly got to test the chapstick she had applied (with intention) earlier that morning.