Chapter 38. 'Happy to have a nephew now @Greghoran87?'

Start from the beginning

Niall gave me a sad look and stood up, opening his arms wide for me. I jumped into them, latching my legs around his waist as he swung me back and forth, rubbing my back softly and stroking my hair.

“You have me” he whispered “You’ll always have me”

“I know” I said, burying my nose deep into the cotton of his shirt “I know I do”

He grabbed my chin and pulled my face back so he could capture his lips in mine, peppering me with kisses before dropping me back down so I was standing, cuddled in his arms.

“Let’s get packing” he smiled, brushing some hair off my face “We fly tomorrow morning, can’t leave without our bags!”

I laughed and dropped to my knees, throwing around a whole bunch of clothes into my small suitcase. We were only going for a few days, enough to bond with Niall’s family and have a few good days in Mullingar. I had been to Ireland before, but I’d never been out to where Niall lived, his mum was even coming down to stay at his Dad’s house to meet Draco and I and see her son, it felt a big family reunion – thank god Niall hadn’t suggested taking us to one of those.

“Mama” smiled Draco, wheeling his tiny suitcase into our room “I packed!”

Harry walked in behind him, kicking the suitcase along whenever it got stuck and Draco needed a hand. Draco laid his little suitcase down next to ours, and flopped down into the big case, folding himself in all the clothes.

We all laughed and Niall bent down, rummaging through the clothes cheekily before grabbing Draco and hoisting him up over his shoulder, holding him by his feet and dangling him in the air with Draco screaming in laughter.

I smiled and closed up the suitcase, sitting back and watching Niall and Draco much around. Niall threw Draco to Harry and they started playing a stupid version of catch with the little boy. Draco loved every second of it and I knew one thing.

Moving to London was the best thing we ever did.

At 6am the next morning, Harry drove a tired Draco, Niall and I to the airport, waving us off as we went into the luggage check. Draco dropped his little suitcase on the conveyer, yawning, rubbing his eyes and pulling on Niall’s pant leg for the older boy to carry him.

Niall laughed and picked Draco up, slinging him on his hip and stroking his hair as Draco rested his head on Niall’s shoulder and drifted back off to sleep, with his other arm, Niall pulled me closely beside him and kissed my head, guiding us through the airport past customs and into the plane. We had the three seats by the window, Draco in between Niall and I, head lolling from side to side and eyes fluttering.

The flight was short, but Niall wanted to get in early to not only avoid the press but to make sure we had an efficient couple of days here, he had today planned and Maura, Niall’s mum, had called Niall yesterday and told him that she was sorting out lunch, Greg was picking us up from the airport, taking us home, where we’d meet Niall’s dad Bobby and get a chance to wash up before Niall took Draco and I around to a couple of his favorite places, then back home for lunch, which no doubt, according to Niall, Maura had invited Niall’s friends along too. It had been the first time Niall had been home in a while and he was excited.

“You don’t mind staying in my old room?” Niall whispered over Draco just before the plane landed

“Not at all” I smiled

“Draco’s going to sleep in the guest room, Mum set up a bed for him”

“That was sweet of her”

“Yeah, she was going to put him in our room, but I kind of told her we’d prefer to be alone, I think she got the message” he winked

I laughed and punched his shoulder playfully; he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to give me a big kiss before the plane fully began to descend. It took us a total of 20 minutes to get out of the plane, grab our luggage and get to the place Niall had arranged to meet his brother.

“Hello Nialler” grinned a guy in the row of seats ahead of us, he was older than Niall, with rosy cheeks and dark brown hair, he grinned like Niall, with his mouth and his eyes, so I knew instantly it was Greg.

“Greg” grinned Niall, grabbing the older man in a tight hug as he stood up to meet us “I missed you man”

“Missed you too” Greg laughed, hugging his brother back, his accent was certainly thicker than Niall’s, but I guess that came with living here, compared to living in London like Niall, although I could hear Niall’s accent growing thicker just from being around his family. “Is this the lucky lady, whose got my little brother whipped?” perked up Greg, releasing Niall from a hug but keeping him in a brotherly headlock beside him.

“I ain’t whipped, you loser” Niall laughed, winking at me “But this is her, Riley this is Greg, Greg this is Riley”

Greg let go of Niall and reached out to hug me, kissing each of my cheeks and patting my back with a smile. “I have to say, my brother’s photos don’t do you justice” he smiled cheekily, causing me to blush.

“Oi, get your own girl” warned Niall, reaching down beside me to pick up Draco

“And this must be my little nephew, leave it to Nialler to leave the most important family meeting till last, I hear he’s already calling you daddy am I right?”

Niall grinned, a wider grin than I’d ever seen at the mention of Draco calling him Daddy and nodded at his brother “This is the little lad”

“Hi buddy” grinned Greg, taking Draco’s hand and shaking it “I’m your Uncle Greg”

Draco looked to Niall quickly, Niall nodded and Draco smiled “Uncle Gre”

Greg and Niall laughed. “Close enough Buster” shrugged Greg “Let’s get you guys out to the car yeah?”

“Yeah” smiled Niall, handing Draco to me and grabbing the big suitcase, leaving Greg to grab Draco’s small one.

“Mine Uncle Gre, Mine” called Draco, reaching out for his suitcase

“This yours?” asked Greg cheekily “You want to pull it?”

Draco nodded quickly and reached out for Greg to take him, Greg nervously, took the little boy out of my arms and put him on the floor, where Draco picked up the little suitcase and started to wheel it away like Niall.

“Draco” I called “Hold Daddy or Uncle Greg’s hand”

Greg grabbed the suitcase off Niall, just as Draco wrapped his small hand around Greg’s finger and lead him quickly out to the car park. “Quickly Uncle Gre, quickly” he called, pulling Greg along “Daddy said we can play football if we quick”

Greg looked back at Niall and I and laughed, letting Draco continue to drag him along. Niall wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed me quickly, snapping a photo of Draco and Greg on the way to the car and posting it on twitter with ‘Happy to have a nephew now @Greghoran87?’

 I laughed and curled into Niall’s side as we walked away from the airport and into the parking lot. Funnily enough, watching Draco and Greg loading the car, curling into Niall as the cold winds rushed past, it didn’t feel like I was in a different city, it felt like I was home. 

Are you excited to meet the family? What do you think of Draco & Uncle Greg ? :)

This might be the last upload for a week or two, I'll be back on the 10th of October and I'll be on twitter the entire time, so you can keep me updated on Watty Awards, reads and all sorts! 

Twitter: @beth_victoriax (dont forget the 'x')