✰Chapter 1: Halloween✰

Start from the beginning

     "Y/N L/N IS LONELY"

     After school was over, Y/N meets up with one of her friends, Lynda. They both stroll down the front steps of the high school and turn up the street. Y/N carries another large stack of books. Lynda is a knockout in tight jeans and tight T-shirt. She carries no books.

     "It's totally insane! We have three new cheers to learn in the  morning, the game in the afternoon, I get my hair done at five, and the dance is at eight. I'll be totally wiped out!" Lynda exclaimed. "I think you have too much to do tomorrow." Y/N says. "Totally!"

    "As usual, I don't have anything to do." Y/N sighs. "It's your own fault and I don't feel sorry for you!" Lynda jokes.

     Annie, the other friend of Y/N's, comes out of the side doors of the High School and calls after Y/N and Lynda. "Hey, Lynda, Y/N!" The girls stop and wait for Annie.

     "Why didn't you wait for me?" Annie asks. "We did! Fifteen minutes. You totally never showed up." Lynda replies. "That's not true. Here I am!" Annie declared. "What's wrong, Annie? You're not smiling." Y/N asks.

     "I'm never smiling again. Paul dragged me into the boy's locker room to tell me.."

"Exploring uncharted territory?" Y/N rolls her eyes, smirking. "It's been totally charted." Annie teased. "We just talked." Annie insisted. "Sure."

     "Old jerko got caught throwing eggs and soaping windows. His parents grounded him for the weekend. He can't come over tonight." Annie says. "I thought you were babysitting tonight." Y/N thought. Lynda jokes, "The only reason she babysits is to have a place to.."

     Y/N suddenly stops and turns back towards the school. "Shit!" "I have a place for that." Annie says indignantly. "I forgot my chemistry book." Y/N frowns. "Who cares? I always forget my chemistry book." Lynda smiles.

     Y/N glances down the street. A station wagon slowly movies up the street toward them. The driver is barely visible behind the windshield. "Isn't that Devon Grand? He's cute." Lynda giggles. "Don't think so.." Y/N says, uneasy.

     Y/N stares at the station wagon as it moves past. She looks directly at the shape inside. There is a quick glimpse of him, a strange pale face staring back. The shape then tromps on the accelerator. The wagon whizzes past them.

     "Hey Jerk! Speed kills!" Annie yells after the car. Up the street the wagon suddenly stops, the tires screeching. It sits there, waiting. "God. Can't you take a joke?" Annie softly snickers. For a moment the station wagon just sits there. Then it takes off down the street and disappears around a corner.

     "Annie, someday you're going to get all of us in deep trouble." Y/N scolded. "Totally." Lynda agrees. "I hate a guy with a car and no sense of humor." Annie rebuked.

     The girls start walking again. Y/N is quiet, puzzled by the appearance of the man in the car. "Well, are we still on for tonight?" Lynda asks Annie. "I wouldn't want to get you in deep trouble, Lynda." She replies, coldly. "Come on, Annie! Bob and I have been planning on it all week." Lynda pleads.

     "All right. The Wallaces leave at seven." Annie gives in. "I'm babysitting the Doyle's! It's only three houses down. We can keep each other company!" Y/N smiles, excited. "Terrific. I've got three choices. Watch the kids sleep, listen to Lynda screw around or talk to you." Annie smirks.

     The three girls stop in front of Lynda's house, a modest suburban home on a quiet, tree-lined street. "What time?" Annie asks Lynda. "I don't know yet. I have to get out of taking my stupid brother trick-or-treating." Lynda sighs. "Saving the treats for Bob?" Y/N jokes. "Fun-ny. See you!"