1: The Start of the End of a Future's Beginning

When Kurusu walked down the same sidewalk for what seemed like the millionth time, he sighed. When is something interesting ever gonna happen? He got into his regular fast-food burger cashier station, and had another boring day. Nobody ever talked to him at work.. They're all interested in that one other guy, but he didn't care. He walked out after his shift, sat at the bus stop, and went home, in his desolate room. Things didn't turn out how he had dreamed, but it could be worse... Kurusu fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "Tomimi, it isn't looking so good, are you sure about this?"

  "Mom, don't worry, it's gonna be okay. It's for the future! We can save dad! That's all, I'm not gonna change anything else..."

   Tomimi got inside her new revolutionary time machine, to finally fix the unexpected death of her father. She happily waved goodbye to her mother, but little did she know, she wouldn't be seeing her mother for a while... The machine disappeared from sight after being activated, along with Tomimi. Her mother prayed.

 "Please come back home safe...."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "What a weird dream," Kurusu thought. "Oh well, time for another boring day." He got up from his bed, brushed his teeth, got dressed, passed by the cute cyan-haired catgirl sleeping  on his couch, and got some cereal.

   "Wait-- what!?" Kurusu spit his cereal out. "Wha--" He thought about it. "Nah, I'm still dreaming, there's no way that dream was real-?" He walked over to this girl. He didn't know how to feel. He just looked at her in awe, just unable to explain what he was looking at. Time to call in sick. Kurusu tried to, but his boss had had enough at this point. He told him that he was fired. Kurusu slumped onto the ground. "No way.... Just when I thought it couldn't get worse.." He hung up, and then looked at the catgirl upon his couch again.

  "Well, I guess I should treat her to something, considering that she just crashed in my house." He started cooking an omelet, but halfway through cooking it the power went out. Of course. Now that too. He had forgotten to pay the bills. "Aaaawwwww mannnn......"

  He just went back to his room in despair. He couldn't handle it anymore, but then he heard a thump.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Where am I--" Tomimi wondered. She had fallen off of a couch, and was clueless. She looked upwards to see some orange-haired dude looking at her. "Ah- you're awake. I tried to-"

"GWAAAAAAAA-" Tomimi shouted, and threw a pillow at him. "Who are you? Are you a creep? You kidnapped me, didn't you??" She pulled out her gun and pointed it at him.

"Wha!- Nonononononono, this must be some misunderstanding! You just appeared in my house!! I swear I didn't do anything!" Kurusu said.

"A simple excuse for a liar. How do I know you're not just lying to me?" Tomimi responded.

"What do YOU mean? Catgirls are the stuff of anime dreams! Who are YOU??" He questioned back.

"Huh? What do you mean?" It clicked back to her. She time traveled. "Wait a sec, what year is it?"

"What? Why? It's 2019. How could you forget about something like that?" Kurusu said back.

"OHH- I'm SO sorry, sir... it's kind of a complicated story. I uh- time traveled from the year 3019. I meant to go 100 years back, not 1000. Ergh, I should've listened to Mom more..."