Baahubali returns

Start from the beginning

Despite his apprehensions on sitting on the throne which he had rejected earlier, Amarendra managed to handle the kingly duties very well. He would be bogged down with the issues which citizens reported to him and meetings with his ministers. He immediately issued an ordinance to remove any reference to religion and caste in any schools, official documents. He also brought strong rules to ensure that education was made free for merit students no matter they pursued. He even setup strong laws in true Baahubali style, to deal with molesters, rapists - instant execution once guilt was proved. The entire kingdom was singing his praise on his efficiency, governance and fairness as a King. He would lend his ear to the tiniest issue which was reported, be it domestic fights between brothers or even an old senile lady complaining of ghosts in her house.

One day during the spying expedition on Aditya, Amarendra followed him as he entered a decrepit hut outskirt of the city and slowly crept near the hut. He heard Aditya screaming at another guy "I gave you one task of killing Baahubali. And you messed it up, Sukra. Do you know how much efforts it took me to find out when he was returning back? If you had done your job properly, I would have been the King by now. Now I give you a final chance to redeem yourself. Go to Kuntala kingdom and kill the next heir. It must be curse of their family as none of the fathers get to see their sons."

"But what about Mahendra, my lord" Sukra exclaimed

"I have already made arrangement for getting rid of him. I have bribed the royal cook to poison his food today. He will be dead by the time he gets to the dessert. I am planning to go to my home town to get some of my troops so that they can handle Katappa and the rest" Aditya gave a smirk and left.

Sukra took off in the direction of Kuntala Kingdom on his horse, with Amarendra following him. He soon managed to leap onto the unsuspecting Sukra from his horse. A massive struggle ensued by end of which Baahubali had Sukra tied up with his turban and bleeding excessively. Finally, Amarendra learnt that Sukra had attached Mahendra in the night near the river. Though it was a tough fight, luck changed its tide when the teenager who was with Mahendra tried to escape to the river, and Sukra tried to shoot the teenager. Mahendra had thrown himself in front of the kid and ended up with arrow in his chest. Sukra's men shot arrows continuously at him, making him clutch on the kid while he fell helplessly off the bridge into the raging waters of the river. In anger, Amarendra cut Sukra head off and threw him in the river.

Now he had to take care of Aditya and Bijjaladeva. He hurriedly rode back to the palace and convened with Katappa and Anila on the events. Katappa calmly told him "Baahu, you leave this poison matter to me, you and Anila should go and check the shores of the river to see if there is any clue on Mahendra's whereabouts. " Baahubali and Anila left for the river leaving Katappa in the palace halls.

Katappa sat down at the royal table and waited for the food to be served. As the servants started serving the food to Katappa, Bijjaladeva walked in and screamed at the servants "How dare you give food to a slave before royalty? Do you expect me to eat what this dog has left behind?" "My lord, I was hungry, that's why I decided to have food early. You know Baahubali has always made me eat food with him. So why do you still have a problem with me" said Katappa with a hurt look.

Bijjaladeva laughed and said "That fool Baahubali is not here to pamper you the way he does. So today is my day. You watch while I eat. If you are lucky, I might throw you some leftovers." Haughtily Bijjaladeva started to eat the sumptuous food laid out in front of him. And just as Aditya has predicted, Bijjaladeva started to choke even before he finished the main meal. He fell on the floor and pleaded to Katappa, "Help me...". Katappa said in a calm voice "That's why you should let the dog eat the food first". He next stormed into the kitchen and killed the royal cook while gathering the troops to the main entrance.