Baahubali returns

Start from the beginning

Seeing Amarendra's confusion, he explained that Amarendra must have stepped through some time glitch in the cave which led to the future. Just before he could explain about Bhalaladeva's treachery in getting Amarendra killed, there was a knock on the door.

Bijjaladeva walked in an unknown man. Bijjaladeva looked suspicious as he said "You seemed to have changed a lot, Mahendra. You are looking so much like your dad, with this beard. Am just glad that you are alive. " The unknown man stepped out from the shadows saying, "Now that Baahubali is back, I think we should have a celebration." Even as he smiled, his eyes narrowed dangerously to slits, like a snake gauging the prey.

Anila exclaimed that this has been a long day and Baahubali must be tired after all the travelling. Having sent everyone out, Katappa narrated the story of how Mahendra had been smuggled out as a baby and came back to kill Bhalaladeva and become the king. Then he had restored it to the prosperous kingdom it once was. People were happy, and Avantika had become pregnant. Sanga, Mahendra's foster mother, and Devasena had offered to take her to Kuntala kingdom which was being rebuild, till the baby was born.

Then one day a messenger arrived from Aslam Khan asking for help from Katappa. Though Katappa wanted to take some of the soldiers and set out to help Aslam, but Mahendra had forbidden him to travel due to his age. He had offered to help Aslam himself. Despite knowing that there were lot of perils in this mission, Katappa had no choice but to let Mahendra go.

With tears streaming in his eyes, Anila exclaimed that it was God's answer to their prayers that Amarendra had reached at the right time. "How so", demanded Amarendra. Anila explained that initially Katappa was supposed to be temporarily in charge of the kingdom's affairs. However, Bijjaladeva had surpassed his power and appointed his close acquaintance, Aditya Varma as the Prime Minister just after the King's departure. Aditya was the man who had accompanied Bijjaladeva little while ago.

When the news of Baahubali's death arrived, Aditya had immediately claimed that since his kid was not born yet, Aditya would rule Mahishmathi as Regent till the heir grew up. If Amarendra had not arrived, Aditya was going to be the next unofficial king. And there was no limit to the harm he would do to the kingdom.

Amarendra arose from his seat having understood the gravity of the situation. He needed to play his son's role while he determined what happened to his son and get him back. They all agreed that they needed to keep things smooth while planning to retrieve Mahendra. Amarendra's first suspicion was on Aditya, with his overt enthusiasm / preparedness to take over the kingdom. They decided to spy on Aditya and Bijjaladeva in the hope that they might lead them to Mahendra.

The next day, it was bright and sunny even as Amarendra ascended towards the throne. Katappa and Anila had tears of joy watching the rightful King finally take his place. They were overwhelmed with emotions as they realized that he never adorned the throne despite his capabilities and qualities but was now doing it as someone else.

 They were overwhelmed with emotions as they realized that he never adorned the throne despite his capabilities and qualities but was now doing it as someone else