Lexi💛:
Are you open today?
11:23 am

Luna:
Yes, I am, wanna hang?
11:24 am

Lexi💛:
Of course!
11:24 am

We did a short plan of her picking me up in an hour or two.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
I woke up the next morning to thunder rumbling the air. I shot up and my head looked to the time. 3:43 AM. God, I woke up early. Wait... stormy day? In LA? Well, that's pure luck in a way. I got up and slipped on an oversized jacket over my tank top and shorts that covered both. I sat at my bed on my laptop with a headache. I got up and grabbed my glasses and placed the item on my face. I didn't wear them often only for the reason they helped with headaches a focusing.

I finished up what I was working in and sat on the edge of my window sill again. I watched the dark clouds roll in the sky with water falling. It reminded of the day I was able to move here.

It was late, a storm rolled by. I snuck out the house of where I'd never want to be again. I slipped out and to the car headlights in the street that had stopped. I got in the grey car and saw his face.

"Mornin' Shorts," I said buckling in.

"Morning Moon," He said. Dustin had been my friend for a long time.

He used to be shorter so I gave him a small variety of nicknames like Shorts and Short Shot. He was now taller but the names stuck.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked driving to the airport.

"I'm sure, I may only be 16 but I'm sure," I said.

I had a couple of friends in LA who were 18 and 17 who used to live with me in my hometown. We drove in mainly silence to the airport. He stopped in the front and the two of us got out. I gave him a massive hug and cried a bit.

"I'll miss you," He said.

"I'll miss you too, Dusty," I said.

"Promise to stay in touch?" He asked.

"I promise," I said. I grabbed my bags and we said our final goodbyes.

I was drawn out the memory from my alarm to wake up. I shut it off and head to the shower. Afterward, I get into a black long sleeve with the cuffs in a blue and a pair of jeans. I put some black jeans on and decided to head out. I practically ran to the café from the rain. I got there a few minutes before opening.

The day was a bit busy towards the end of 2 PM I saw Colby enter. Colby, again, walked up to me to order.

"Welcome to the Café," I said.

"Hey, same as yesterday?" He asked.

"I forgot what you ordered," I said.

"That's ok. A black coffee, vanilla with light ice today, and your favorite with a seat with us," Colby said smoothly.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yes," Colby said, he was about to open his mouth but I stopped him.

"On the house," I said. He smiled and sat down somewhere in the crowd. Someone switched with me and I grabbed the cups. I step into the crowd and bring the drinks to the table he sat at.

"Sam didn't come today but I'm bringing it to him," Colby said. I sat beside him and we talked for a while he made me crack up a few times which these days it's hard for me too. "Well I might as well head out," I said standing up.

"Your gonna walk in the rain?" He asked.

"Done it before," I respond.

"Lemme drive you there," Colby said.

"It's just down the road," I said.

"Nonetheless, I am. Not a choice," he said with a smile.

"Fine," I sigh in defeat. He holds out his dark-colored jacket and I stand there dumbfounded. "You keep it."

"No, I don't want you to get sick. Take the jacket," he said.

I take it from his hands and put it on pulling the hood up. The warmth hugs me and the two of us laugh while we run in the rain to his car. His hair is soaking wet by the time we enter his car and we sit there laughing. He sticks the keys in the slot and twists it. The car comes to life in a few moments. He turns the heat up a bit and drives out.

"The apartment building is right over there," I say while he waits to turn out into the running street. He nods his head and drives in the direction, he stops in the lot outside and I'm about to take the jacket off to hand it to him.

"No, keep it," he says.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I'm sure," he says.

"Well, bye Brock," I said.

"Bye, Trooker," he says. I run into the building and am greeted by the lobby of the building. I arrive at 312 and I go to the small area. I change my pants to some random baggy pants. I sit on my bed and watch YouTube for a couple of hours, burning up time quick. I look out the window and my mind drifts back to when I moved here.

I had finally arrived in LA, hours and hours later. I go and pick my luggage up and stand outside in the warmth outside. I see a familiar face and I give them a hug.

"Angela!" I yell,

"Luna!" The redhead with blue eyes yells back. I place my luggage in the back of the car and she drives me to the apartment she's paying for us.

"Thank you again, Angela, for paying this!" I say.

"I got your back, kid."

We arrive at a familiar place that I have only seen in pictures. This was the first apartment I lived in and currently, I lived in a different one that I pay for.

"Again, thank you!" I say.

"And again, your welcome," Angela says making us let a laugh out. I grab my stuff and she leads me to the lobby counter and we get everything settled for keys and placement. Angela and I walk up to 627. I enter to see a few of her items inside.

"Welcome to my humble abode," Angela said. It had some mess here and there but besides that, it was actually nice!

A crack of lightning and thunder pushed me out my thoughts making me scared. My hearts started to race a bit and I pushed my face into the inside of the jacket. The scent was unfamiliar but pleasant. I forgot everything that was happening and laid down with the jacket in the position. I don't know how long I stayed like that but it was quite a while. I fell asleep in that way.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?
Next chapter: L O A D I N G . . .

hєαrts cσnnєctíσn   💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤 【A Colby Brock Fanfic】जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें