His introduction of you and stress on the word 'date' rendered you effectively speechless, looking down at your feet with burning cheeks. What was happening?

You could barely even process that you were currently conversing with Song Yuqi, an actress who you could now remember being in a few minor roles before. And you might have even asked if she was playing his love interest, or said anything mildly intelligent, instead you chewed on your lip as your nerves were effectively frazzled.

"Oh Y/N, you have to come meet the rest of the cast. Xukun is not going to believe this!" Yuqi seemed ecstatic, latching a hand around your wrist to pull you further into the building.

With Sicheng still attached to you, she didn't get very far, as he dug his heels in.

"Hey, Y/N, you okay?" He asked you with some concern, then spoke to his co-star. "Give us a second, Yuqi. We'll be right in there."

Yuqi seemed unsure, but left the two of you alone nonetheless. Sicheng guided you over to the side of the entryway, away from all the people still coming in from the red-carpet.

As soon as you two were mostly out of sight, the concern dropped from his face and instead was replaced by... aggravation.

Your own shock faded away into something akin to rage. It was at least indignation, "Dong Sicheng what the fuck was that?"

"I wasn't about to tell them you were a journalist," he retorted.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't do interviews."

You didn't think you could get any more indignant and offended, but you did, "Are you genuinely so embarrassed to be doing an interview that you'd rather lie about me being your date?"

"I mean—"

"Not to mention that my professor could choose my article to be published. What would you do then?"

"I hadn't thought this far ahead! I just didn't want anybody to find out I was doing an interview," he snapped, and muttered the next part so quietly you almost didn't hear it over the blood roaring angrily in your ears. "And for the media to stop saying that Yuqi and I were dating."

"I—wait. What was that second part?"

"Uhm—"

"...you really are a drama actor, huh?"

"What?"

Rubbing your face in frustration, you didn't even care if you unsettled some of your makeup. This was too ridiculous.

"You make half-assed plans that just end you up in new trouble. Fucking hell, fake-dating. How trite, cliché, and stupid could you be?"

He didn't seem to have a response, caught off-guard by your vehement cursing him out.

So you merely continued, "Listen here, Dong Sicheng, I am so not down to do the whole fake-dating thing and become the object of everyone's spite and fascination just because you didn't want people to think you and Yuqi were dating. This is purely an interview or it's nothing at all."

Sicheng took a deep breath, demeanor changing once again as he cocked his head to the side, "Then leave."

"Excuse me?"

"You said it's either purely an interview or nothing at all. Guess it's nothing at all, then. That means you should leave."

You were breathing heavily, still thoroughly pissed. But you had nothing to say. Not to mention, nowhere to go, either.

"Leave. Go around to the back, I'll call my driver and he'll take you home," he directed you, also panting slightly as he straightened himself up in the reflection of his phone screen.

You were frozen to the spot for some reason. Sicheng looked at you over the phone when you still hadn't left, a hint of a smirk coming to his face as he dropped his arm down.

"Or, you can stay, and we can come to an agreement. We keep up the fake-dating. You get to interview me, and I get the press off my ass about Yuqi and any other female I've ever looked at in my life."

A moment passed by as you considered this. You were still upset that he tried to trick you into it at first. But this might just work.

"As long as you don't get pissy as soon as I ask you any questions. You cooperate with the interview, and I'll cooperate on the fake relationship," you laid out your own terms, watching as one of his eyebrows arched just a little bit.

"Deal," he stuck a hand out to you.

You went to grasp it for a handshake, but instead found yourself being deftly spun into his arms again. Your ankles nearly snapped in your heels, but you were kept upright by his arm wrapping around your waist this time.