The Little Princess

Story I wrote a while ago, i can still add to it its not over yet. picture suggestions, comments and votes are okay

~~~~~~~~~

Once upon a time, when mythical creatures roamed the world, there lived a little princess. She was called the Little Princess for a reason; she was extremely short. Her subjects were elves. All elves grew to be past six feet tall. Well, the princess was only five feet tall, but what she lacked in size, she made up for by how smart she was. Her name is Kayli. She lived in an elfin wood. The woods were huge! So extensive one could get lost and never find their way home. Her people were the wood elves. There were the water, mountain, fire, and many other elves of the world. I am Kayli and this is my story. I have long blonde hair and dark blue eyes. I am sixteen years old.

One day I was in my room getting my hair braided, when there was a knock on my door. "Come in," I said staring into the mirror. My brother came in and sat on my bed. "Good morning sister," he said. "Evan, what brings you here this morning," I asked, getting up after my hair was braided. "Important business," he said. "Go on," I said going into my closet. I grabbed a leaf green dress. I put on the dress on and went out. "Mother has died," he said. 'No," I whispered. Evan came and hugged me. "Sorry sister, I know you and mom were close," whispered Evan. I pushed Evan away and ran downstairs to the graveyard. I fell on my fathers grave sobbing.

I laid there until after I cried. I felt someone lift me up and pull me in their arms. It was one of the older knights. "There, there princess," he said. "Henry, why did He have to take both of them," I cried. "I don't know princess," said Henry. He carried me to my bedroom and laid me on my bed. I fell into a restless sleep. I woke up screaming in the middle of the night. "Princess, it was just a nightmare," said a voice. I looked towards it and it was Henry's son. "It felt real," I whispered. "It was only a dream," he said. "What's your name," I asked. "Leo," he said. "Well Leo, I am leaving," I said. I felt my braid and it was fine. I got up and walked towards my maid's room. I saw they weren't in the room. I grabbed a few of their dresses and wrote a note: You can have my dresses, Princess.

"Princess, I must go with you," said Leo. He was already taller than me. "Everyone will recognize me," I said. "Yes but I know all the back ways and passages," he said. "Fine," I said going out to the balcony. I put the dresses into a bag and grabbed Leo's hand. "Let's go," he said pulling me towards the door. We ran quietly down to the kitchen. I heard Cook grumble about getting a mid-night snack for the king, my brother. "Cook," I whispered. "Kayli, you have come," he said turning around. I let Leo's hand go and hugged Cook. "I have got to go or face the punishment of my brother." "Kayli, I will send them on a goose chase. Now go," said Cook. Leo pressed a hidden button and a door opened.

"Destroy, the button," I told Cook. He nodded and closed the door after we went in. I grabbed Leo's hand. "Don't worry, princess," said Leo. He lit a torch and grabbed it off the wall. It was dark and I was frightened. We walked until I saw a light. Leo put the torch out and pulled me along. I started to run to keep up with Leo. We were in the heart of the woods. I saw Leo put his sword on and he gave me a smaller sword. I put the belt on and then put the sword on. I put my healing potion on my belt too. "Ready," asked Leo. I nodded my head. He started to run and I ran after him. I could barely catch up to him. He slowed down after we got away from the opening. "Leo, slow down," I said, gasping for breath. "Sorry," he said.

"Up a tree," said Leo putting me up into a tree with thick leaves. I climbed high enough so they wouldn't see me. Leo was beside me. I saw it was Theo and Lea. "My brother and sister," said Leo. His brother and sister have been gone since a year. Leo climbed down, while I climbed down to the first branch. I sat there and saw Leo hug them. Lea and Theo hugged him back. "Hello," I said. "Prince-," said Lea. I cut her off, "It is just Kayli now." "This could only mean, the king and queen are both dead," said Theo. Theo, Leo, and Lea were triplets.