Neighbors.

A/N : So this will be a two parter fanfic I wrote at two in the morning, proof-read by my caffeine induced self who isn't the most reliable author. So, I apologize if some parts don't make sense. This part will be the reader meeting Quentin initially, but stay tuned for the next part because there will be some filthy filthy smut because my friend really wants it. sorry.

Prompt : [y/n] and Quentin live in the same apartment complex, but [y/n] isn't the most social and despite living in the apartment across from Beck she has never met him - until an apartment get-together. One thing leads to another and the duo just so happens to hit it off on a wonderful foot, perhaps too wonderful. ;)

2238 words.

Ever since you attended that neighborhood party something changed in you, perhaps it was the fact that for once you got out of your house and now you understood that you weren't the only one in this god forsaken apartment complex - however it could also be the initial meeting of the 'Mystery Man' you haven't been able to shake from your mind. He was rather tall in comparison to you (however it's not hard to be taller than you while you've been 5'4 since 9th grade), at least 7 inches taller with a charming grin. His face seemed soft and caring yet there was something about him that wasn't conveyed by his smile or kind eyes - and that interested you beyond belief.

When you first met, you had been making your way to a table set out with various deserts at your annual apartment complex's gathering. It was an opportunity for you to meet those who resided nearby, something that didn't particularly interest you in general. However, the flyer stated there would be a variety of desserts and food so you decided you'd give it a chance.

A day earlier

"Excuse me, pardon me." You muttered, the repetitive phrases falling off your pinkish lips as if rehearsed prior. Carefully, you lowered your shoulder in an attempt to squeeze past the onslaught of people who you weren't even aware lived nearby. While others were socializing, you chose the route of most self preservation as you approached the catered dessert table. It was surprisingly empty other than a standoffish male resting his palm on the edge of the table, calloused fingers gripping the liner as his eyes scanned the crowd.

He was an unfamiliar face, not like you'd recognize your own next door neighbor if need be it, but something about him was particularly unfamiliar. He stood tall, radiating a loner aura whilst his fingers tap absentmindedly on the table - he didn't seem particularly up to being bothered.

Unfortunately, he stood right in front of your favorite cookies and you had to weigh whichever option would be more awkward -- trying to uncomfortably squeeze by him much like the way you did throughout the crowd or simply ask him to move aside for a moment. It was a true mental dilemma that resorted in you choosing the latter. While he stood like a wall, you approached like a meek mouse with a small dessert plate at the ready.

"Excuse me." You uttered quietly, so mouse-like you were unaware if he'd actually hear you. Much to your surprise, his people watching gaze snaps as he turns to look down at you, a curious brow raised in response to your presence. This was the first time you'd gotten a real look at the man in question -- it's embarrassing enough to say you froze up. He was taller up close, as most things are, with a light scruff gracing his features in the utmost spectacular way. His lips are forced together in a thin line as he looks at you curiously, icy blue eyes scanning you while your legs work hard to keep you upright.

"Yes?" The man questions, voice softer than you expected. You thought of speaking up, yet judging by your inability to keep an unthreatened posture you chose to simply point to the cookies in question - Mystery boy followed your pointer finger until he was looking down at the cookies, then let a small laugh rumble through his throat.