Chapter 32: A shock for two

Start from the beginning

"Sam, I-"

"Let me talk, yappers!" He smiled. "I already know what you're going to say."

"You... You do?" I questioned.

"Yes. Let's say it at the same time."

"Ok, 1-2-3.."

"You want me to tutor you, your mum told me." He laughed, the same time I blurted out with "I'm pregnant."

His eyes widened as my words hit him hard. He stumbled back, turning Snow White. "You're what?"

"Are you ok?" I stuttered, a sickening feeling swirling in the pit of my stomach.

"I just-" he walked out of the bedroom, grasping hold on the banister. "I can't believe that-" he began to hyperventilate.

"Please come and sit down," I tugged on his arm but he pulled himself out of my reach. I hadn't noticed before, but the tears sprung from my eyes at his resistance. I didn't expect him to take it well, but it felt like my barricade of hope was unknotting at the seams. This was going to be a long day.

-

~ Sam's P.O.V ~

I had ran. I had ran so far, for so long, my knees were caving in as I came to a halt. I felt confused, lost in my own daydream before the realisation hit me.

I was going to be a dad.

Don't get me wrong, I love Isabel, but a baby so early? We weren't ready for this, I definitely didn't feel ready. My heart was practically beating out of my chest, how were we going to get through this?

"Sam," Harry huffed from behind me, he had started weasing. "Why are you running away from her?"

"I can't be a dad, Harry." I cried. "I'm not ready for this!"

"And you think she is? You think she's prepared for a life time of parenthood, and the pain that comes with her pregnancy? You don't think she's confused like you?" He began. "Open your eyes, this is both of your doing, a child, a new home, an engagement. You are in love, shouldn't your relationship be enough for you to take care of this baby?"

I stared at him, finally acknowledging it all. "You're right," I sniffed, wiping away a few loose tears. "She needs me."

"And you need her, Sam." He patted my back, turning us towards the city. "How about we go to and relax for a while, you need space." I nodded, following his footsteps quietly.

-  Three hour later -

~ Izzy's P.O.V ~

They had been gone for so long, I was beginning to lose hope in him returning. Would he really leave me because I was pregnant?

I won't lie, the idea of other options had crossed my mind many times. But I knew I would get attached - I knew I could do this. We were finically stable and getting married after all.

Would he come back?

I must have been sat in our knew kitchen for over an hour now, the constant worry filling me up, and I was so close to exploding from the pressure.

What would our parents think? Our friends? I knew it was a risk having a child during university, that's why it took it on myself to do six months instead of the whole year, I would miss my exams.

"I can't get hold of either of them," Delilah sighed. "Will you tell me what's the matter with Sam yet?"

I remained silent. I didn't want anyone to know until I knew if he wanted to stay or leave. "It's nothing, maybe it's the stress of moving?" I lied, a blunt expression planted on my face. 

"You're not telling me what you know," Delilah groaned. I let out a huff, rubbing my forehead. I wasn't long gone in this, it had been two months according to the doctor. I went to visit her for advice, I was scared. She said that I could still use alternative... methods. I had only found out around two weeks ago, I was mortified yet excited - I was going to be a mother!

As my mind began to wonder off into doubt, I heard the front door slam shut. I didn't hesitate to jump to my feet. I ran down the stairs at a staggering pace, pulling the kitchen door open in hopes he was here. My eyes began to wonder over the man sat at the kitchen counter, his skin was pale - covered in red blotches. His hair was shaggy, and his clothes were streched viciously. When he turned to the sound of my breath hitching in my throat, my eyes began to water. On his cheeks lay four lipstick prints, and his eyes were red raw. 

What had he done to himself. Had he been out with women? I felt the anger boiling up inside of me, my head was swirling endlessly before I stumbled back, my hands trying to grip hold of anything in reach, until my head collided with the door handle and I felt my world go black. I took one more look at Sam as he ran towards me, just as my eyes closed forcefully.