The emotion was different from when Kol smiled at her.

With Kol she felt happiness because he was happy but with Klaus it was entirely different.

Stronger.

"I think I need to hang it up" she adds, biting on her lower lip as Klaus simply watches her. She was so beautiful.

Painting her had been so hard, especially after their falling out because that meant that he had to rely on his memory for the details of her face rather than seeing them every day.

Many times he had to start over due to his frustration over how a small aspect didn't look right.

He was his own greatest and worst critic because there were tons of discarded papers on the floor of his art studio.

He couldn't sketch her face perfectly and had to redo his sketches over and over again until he finally did.

"Where do you want it?" He asks her as she turns to face him, their gazes hold for a little longer this time and as per usual Klaus is taken aback by both her beauty and the look in her eyes.

Rose's eyes sparkled with emotion, maybe that's why it had been so hard for him to capture the right look for them when he had been doing the painting.

He had to look at it from a different angle in order to finally get the look he wanted.

Danger.

Determination.

Joy.

All combined into one.

"I don't know" she admits as she looks away from him to look around the room, searching for a nice spot where she can hang her painting.

"How about just above your bed?" He asks, noticing the space above her bed as she also turns to face it.

"That's perfect" she agrees happily, "now all I need to do is get–" but before she can finish her statement Klaus has left and returned with a nail, a drill and a hammer in the blink of an eye. "Cheater" she teases him for using his vampire speed.

She's seen that it surely has its advantages because you get to do things in the blink of an eye.

Klaus smirks his signature lopsided smirk at her and she flushes in response as he chortles internally at the sight of her embarrassment.

"I'll hang the painting up in exchange for one thing" he tells her.

"And that would be?"

"A kiss from the fair lady" he says before his brain can stop him. Dammit!

"Of course" she agrees much to his shock as she approaches him before stopping in front of him as she stares into his blue eyes.

It's time for her to have her fun too.

She wraps her hand around the back of his head as if to pull him down and kiss him on his red lips but she rather kisses him on his cheek before drawing back with a smug smile.

"There you go" she adds simply, proud of herself for finding the loophole in his words.

"Now Rose..." He starts, ready to say that wasn't what he meant but she cuts him off.

" He starts, ready to say that wasn't what he meant but she cuts him off