Chapter 3: My Curiousness

All the people in the manor were sleep, at least I thought they were. I quietly but quickly, opened the door. I walked in the hallways to the main entrance.

At the top of the middle stairs, I looked up to see a picture of our mom and dad. Dad's face was shaded but moms face shown clearly, she was very beautiful.

I stared at the photo for a long time, not noticing the dark presence that creeped up behind me.

"Are you okay miss?"

A voice startled me. I turned around to see Sebastian walking up the middle stairs.

"Yes, I just got sleep apnea, I can't sleep well," I replied.

"Would you like some tea?" he asked.

I nodded. I followed him to the kitchen.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•==•=•=•=•=•=•=•

Sitting in a nice and comforting dining area, I watched as the tall butler walk over with a tea set tray.

He placed the tea inside the designer tea kettle and added boiling water.

As he did this he looked up at me.

I turned my attention to him immediately.

"May I ask you a question?" I said.

"You may ask me anything your hearts desired," he smiled.

"I heard by my master that the Phantomhives along with the Phantomhive Estate burned down, so how is Ciel still alive, I mean, he died to, didn't he?"

He stared at me and then smiled, "I came to his rescue."

"Did he make a deal with you? I know someone like you wouldn't just save anyone,'' I said.

"Indeed we did," Sebastian said as he poured the tea.

"Well there was a price since it was a deal, what did you ask in return?"

He paused. He handed me the teacup on top of the matching platter.

"Need not to worry, that is between me and my young master," he said.

I chugged the tea and jumped up.
"Sebastian I appreciate your hospitality but I need to go back to Markinswell," I said.

"I can't allow you to go now. The young Master has something special planned for you tomorrow, and besides, that mark on you it still fresh, you are still sellable, and if you go back who knows what would happen to you," he said.

"I don't mind, everything has happened to me, it doesn't matter anymore," I said looking down.

He slammed his hand on the table. I could since the rage in him but yet, he just smiled.

"You shouldn't say cruel and retched things like that about yourself, you're very beautiful and that angers me when you make yourself feel terrible," He smiled.

It didn't look like it. I just got up and walked back up the stairs. I wonder why he smiles all the time. I don't want to go back but this mark sealed me to him. I stared at my mark in the long mirror. Short images of me getting burned by the branding iron popped up, making me back into my bedside table.

I turned around and quickly picked up the candle and the wax spilled on my hand. I flinched from the pain. I carefully sat the candle in the holder and sat on my bed. I hugged my pillow as tears fell from my face. Noticing the dried wax on my hand, I began to peel it off. I accidentally peeled off a bit of my skin and it began to bleed.

"Dammit are you freaking serious!" I shouted.

I walked into the bathroom and ran cold water on my hand.

I flailed my hands in the air to dry them and stop the stinging. I walked out of the bathroom and plopped on the bed. I eventually dozed off.