Chapter Two

Addison glanced back at the large dark curtains that covered their glass windows as she listened to the laughter emerge. It was obviously Sabrina and her good for nothing boyfriend, Harvey Kinkle. How could she stand it? The intolerable nature of mortals had been pounded into Addison's head ever since she attended the Academy of Unseen Arts, and the Weird Sisters only fueled the fire. The redhead sighed in defeat as she rested against the wooden wall, munching quietly on the snickerdoodle that her aunt had made. In a matter of a couple minutes, a joyful Sabrina Spellman bursted through the door.

"Good evening cousin, having fun?" Addison hummed innocently.

Sabrina glanced over at the girl with a small laugh, rolling her eyes as she hurried over. "Lighten up Addy, you should've came! The movie was amazing," 

"Uh huh, sure.." 

Sabrina scoffed at the response playfully.

"You're such a bore Addison," she teased.

Addison turned to look up at her cousin, a fake gasp escaping her mouth as she placed a hand to her chest. "Why me? Never." 

With that, the two girls stared at each other briefly, before bursting into a fit of laughter. 

"I missed you Sab," the redhead admitted as they turned towards the grand staircase.

Sabrina with her blonde hair slightly frizzy from the wind gave a warm smile in response. "I missed you too Addy,"

Before Addison could respond, a slight tap from behind them followed, only to have a voice with it. 

"You're going to miss both of your heads when you lose them for not having another cookie," Hilda interrupted, a small playful scowl dawning her expression.

Addison and Sabrina held back a giggle at it before hurrying down to the kitchen. 

"Coming Auntie," the two replied in unison, earning a satisfied smile from Hilda. 

As the two cousins approached the kitchen, Zelda had made herself busy by straightening up the candle display on the dining room table, a lit cigarette nearby. 

"Addison, be a dear and fetch me another candle from the drawer," she ordered, not lifting her gaze from the display.

The redhead was quick to open the drawer, dozens of candles resting neatly within it. Each one was branded with the Spellman family crest upon the middle, making it a key element in family rituals. Reaching for the one on the left, Addison carefully lifted it up, before carrying it over to her mother. 

"Here it is Mother," 

"Thank you Addison,"

Zelda took the candle from Addison and critiqued it silently for a moment, before nodding and placed it carefully onto the display. Once finished, she glanced back at the two girls, specifically Sabrina, who was shoving her mouth full of cookies with two more in her hands.

"Your dark baptisms are nearing, are they not?" Zelda asked, raising a brow. 

"In two days." Addison answered, a small excited gleam visible in her eye while Sabrina's filled with worry.

Zelda nodded in approval before raising a brow at Sabrina. "Surely you've told the mortals that you'll be transferring, haven't you?" 

Sabrina gulped down the last bit of her cookie painfully.

"Not exactly.." 

Addison's expression dropped along with Zelda's.

 "Not exactly? Sabrina you have exactly two days before you transfer to the Academy of Unseen Arts with your cousin," Zelda exclaimed.

As Sabrina opened her mouth to argue, Hilda sighed while she handed Addison another cookie. "She will Zelda, give her some time," 

"Time is the one concept she's lacking, Hilda." Zelda huffed.

Sabrina watched the two silently before grabbing her backpack and hurrying towards the staircase. "I just don't see why I can't stay at Baxter High! Maybe I don't want to go to the Academy!" 

Zelda rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Because you'll be a new witch when you have your dark baptism, you won't be the same," she explained.

Sabrina hesitated slightly at the explanation before hurrying upstairs to her bedroom. Addison sighed softly at it.

"She'll come around, I'm sure of it," Addison reassured, but she wasn't sure if she was trying to  reassure her mother... or herself.