"I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you. I love you, I love you so much it's insane," he whispered, his eyes closed.

"And  promise me that if you feel like this, run away from me. Don't give in  to it, it's a parasite and it's trying to eat away at us. If we're  together now then we'll die so we have to separate for now." My eyes  widened in shock.

"Split up? If  we do then... then," I  couldn't finish my sentence, it hurt to. Opening his eyes and staring  deeply into mine he spoke.

"Don't give into to the  urge, (Y/n). Don't let that parasite take over your brain, everything  about us will end if you give in, okay? We'll seperate for now but I'll  come and get you when it's safe and I can cure us, then we can be in  love for real."

"What do you mean? My love is real, I  love you," I tried to tell him but he wouldn't listen, he just remained  staring into my eyes.

"We must separate, I'm sorry."

"No,  I won't let you. I WON'T LET YOU!" I screamed, surprised by my  outburst. Was that me who did that? I'm definitely mad that he's trying  to separate us but I know that I wouldn't go off at him like that, it's  unlike me.

"She's making you sick, (Y/n). Remember,  don't give into her and wait for me, okay?" I watched as he stood up,  beginning to walk away. I trusted that he would do as he said he would,  he would come back but my body moved on its own, screaming and yelling  things which frightened me.

"COME BACK! I'LL DIE  WITHOUT YOU, KAI, I'LL KILL MYSELF! I'LL KILL EVERYONE WHO GETS IN MY  WAY, THEY'LL ALL DIE. I WANT THEIR BLOOD, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!"

My body shook, I had never felt so afraid. Especially when I looked up to see that Kai was gone. Not only that but my mouth screamed things I couldn't control, my nails digging painfully into my arms, drawing blood.

"Kai?"

"Kai, please come back, I'm scared."

"Kai, I can't live without you, please."

"I love you, please don't leave me alone."

---------------------------------

"Kai," I whimpered, my eyes fluttering open only to be met with the sight of a worried Hitoshi, shaking my shoulders and begging me to wake up. My bottom lip quivered as I rethought everything that had just happened. I was relieved that it was a dream but this had derived from events that had actually happened, things that I only half remembered even though they had happened only three years ago.

"Are you okay?" Hitoshi asked, holding onto my hand with one of his larger ones while the other combed through my hair. Without hesitation, I leapt up and hugged him tightly, not wanting anything other than to be held and comforted. He rubbed my back as I sat silently in his arms, refusing to cry even though I had a strong urge to do so. My bottom lip quivered occasionally but that was a most I would show, it was only a dream.

Or at least, that was what I was telling myself.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Hitoshi asked, not daring to pull away in this moment where all I needed was his warmth. Feeling comfortable and calm in his arms, I hummed quietly, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I had a dream where were at school but everyone was lifeless, like they were all brain dead. I went to find you but when I saw you, you ran away from me. I chased you until you walked up to this guy and as soon as I reached you, you disintegrated. And the guy... he was-"

"Kai?" Hitoshi questioned. I hummed, not wanting to speak his name again after screaming it constantly in my dream.

"And what happened with him?" the purple-haired boy asked calmly, running his fingers through my hair again.

"He was talking about all the promises we made when we were together and then he started hurting me. But then he looked so hurt, like he was the one in pain, it was so confusing. Then in the end he was crying and apologizing before he said we had to separate. I was crying and upset but my body was acting up on its own, I was screaming at him, saying things I would never dream of doing. I don't know what was happening," I told him, sighing quietly as I hugged him tighter. Hitoshi continued to hold me, his warmth making me feel safe, calming me down.

"Do you know if any of this happened for real?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah, the promises were true and everything about us growing up together was true. But in the end, where we split off, everything there is fogging. I remember small bits but there are also things in there that I feel aren't real, like they've been fabricated and implanted into my mind," I admitted, hiding my face in Hitoshi's chest. He pulled his phone from his pocket and sighed.

"It's 3am, try and get some more sleep, okay?" he said, trying to get up. But I needed him to be next to me, I couldn't be alone in a time like this. He tried to stand but I refused to let go.

"Please stay with me," I whispered, feeling how his body tensed at my asking.

"(Y/n)."

"Please, I don't want to be alone right now." It was a hard thing to admit but by now everything was falling out of my mouth, even things I didn't want to talk about, like Kai. Heaving a sigh, Hitoshi lifted me from where I sat and began carrying me out of my room. I wondered where he was taking me until he turned down the hallway, heading to his.

"There's more space in my bed," he muttered, refusing to look down at me. I nodded and kept close to him as he opened the door, entering his room. He was right, his bed was a bit bigger than mine, as was everything else. He had posters and pictures around, more than what I had in my basic room.

Hitoshi placed me on the bed and got in beside me, moving to create space between us. I knew that he was still somewhat trying to avoid me and I had no idea why, but in this moment I needed to be selfish. Closing the space, I moved his arm to it was around me and rested my head on his chest. He looked down at me, his cheeks pink yet he looked confused. I looked away from him and closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry, just give me this," I whispered, hoping he would allow it.

Hitoshi said nothing after that, allowing me to fall back to sleep. This time I knew I wouldn't have to worry about having that dream or any others similar to it. When we shared a room, I rarely had to deal with them because they stopped whenever I was close to Hitoshi.

He would wake me up, give me a hug and lay with me until I fell asleep. But that never ended how he would want it to, he'd usually fall asleep while waiting and we'd wake up the next morning entangled and embarrassed. It was one of the reasons why we no longer shared a room, Mihoko not wanting me to get any closer to her son. It was saddening that he was being pulled away from me, the same going for the the fact that he was somewhat avoiding me yesterday. But it didn't bother me right now, I was calm and comfortable where I was.

And I am thankful.

Thank you, Hitoshi.

For everything you've done for me.

The end of the dream and some comfort from Hitoshi. I don't blame you if you find some of this confusing, there are parts that will be further explained later. Anyway, I hope you are enjoying the story. Thank you!