Alexandra stopped for a break to catch her breath. She set down Anastasia and put her hands on her knees. She breathed in and out deeply trying to get as much air in as possible. Anastasia was confused. She saw blood from her mom's nose drip onto the pavement. Alexandra noticed and tilted her head back. "Shit" Alexandra cursed. She wiped her blood away with the back of her nose. Anastasia stayed quiet, her frown deeper than before. Alexandra heard something in the distance. She listened closely, walking towards the noise. She paused when she heard it loud and clear. Alexandra's eyes widened. She turned around and grabbed Anastasia's hand, and together they ran through the streets of Moscow. Alexandra's stamina was fast considering she was a active person. Anastasia on the other hand was only seven, the most active thing she did was running from her mother in their fenced backyard playing tag.

Anastasia tugged at her mother's hand. Alexandra stopped and turned around looking everywhere before directing her eyes to Anastasia. Who was panting as if she ran a marathon. "We can't stop, come on" Alexandra's thick Russian accent was as clear as day. Anastasia groaned before picking up the pace and running side by side with her mother. Alexandra heard the heavy steps of the soldiers getting closer. She knew what she had to do and it would hurt her...and Anastasia. She looked around frantically before finding a alleyway. She made a sharp turn and ran into the dark alleyway.

Alexandra tugged at the backpack and took the gun out. Only leaving now the clothes, money, Anastasia's teddy bear, the picture, and necklace. She turned Anastasia around and put the bag on her. "Anya, ты должен уйти отсюда. поехать в питер и остаться в безопасности" Anastasia gaped at her mother. That was almost a week journey. Anastasia shook her head.

"Я не могу оставить тебя" Alexandra cupped her face and pressed a kiss to her forehead as tears run down Anastasia's face.

"You have too" Anastasia cried and hugged Alexandra. Alexandra choked up trying not to sob out. She wanted to be strong for Anastasia. Alexandra pulled away and wiped her tears giving her one last kiss on the forehead. "Now go" Alexandra stood up hearing the footsteps get awfully close. "Go Anastasia! And don't look back" the words sent a shiver down Anastasia's spine. Alexandra let a tear fall "I love you, моя принцесса" Anastasia sobbed as she watched her mother walk away.

"я тоже тебя люблю" Anastasia called out. Alexandra smiled and waved goodbye to Anastasia. Anastasia blew her a kiss and ran down the alleyway. She sobbed and gasped for air. She was hurt. She had just lost the only person in her life. Alexandra watched with teary eyes before a pain hit her lower abdomen. She looked down and saw blood pooling her shirt. She looked up and saw a line of soldiers and on the other side of her a line of assassins.

"Alexandra Romanov" a recognizable voice said from the crowd. The voice walked closer to her. She shook her head as anger started to cloud her emotions.

"You" Alexandra said, her voice poisonous. "You bastard!" She yelled pointing at the man. He merely waved away her insult. He locked eyes with her and gave her a evil smirk.

"Where is your precious Anastasia? Hmm?" He questioned. Alexandra's jaw tightened as her grip around the gun tightened as well. "Oh that's fine, don't tell me. Our girls will get her one day" Alexandra let out a scream and charged at the man. The soldiers wasted no time to shoot at her. Bullets hit her body one after another. She growled and flicked her wrist, all of them flying back. She turned around and a black light illuminated her hand. She raised her hand and swung it as the light turned into a rope knocking all of the assassins down and even sending some of them a distance away. She turned towards the man and launched herself at him. She pinned him down and started to choke him.