Dear participant,

You have been accepted into the beta-testing of Sword Art Online. If you wish to participate, please call back with the attached number and follow the instructions to accept your invitation.

You will also be asked to sign and fax the attached papers, regarding consent forms, safety forms, and emergency contacts.

Thank you for applying.

Kazuta ignored the sign off, not recognizing the person. She was, however, actually starting to feel excitement at the knowledge that she was going to be one of the beta-testers.

"I have to call Asuna!" she found herself exclaiming. "I have to let her and Nobuyuki-san know!"

Aunt Midori giggled, waving her off. "Go on, dear. I'll be in the kitchen, making dinner. Congratulations, sweetheart!"

She left Kazuna behind and she went for her phone, eagerly calling up Asuna.

"Kazuta! Is something the matter?"

She blushed, realizing that it was really early in the morning. She nibbled on her lip.

"Asuna-san, g-good morning," she said, avoiding looking around. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing and listening to Asuna's voice.

"Good morning, Kazuta!"

Kazuta took a deep breath, a grin threatening to break out. But then she just let herself grin fully.

"I got in."

There was silence before Asuna —"You don't mean..."

"I do!" Kazuta cut her off, too excited. "I get to be part of the SAO beta-testing trials!"

Asuna screamed into her ear and she held the phone away, wincing. After waiting a moment, she put her ear back.

"Asuna-san?"

Her friend laughed. "Sorry, sorry! But this is great, Kazuta. I bet you'll have fun and get to have the full experience of the Full Dive tech you're always going on about!"

Which got Kazuta even more excited. "Yes! That is definitely one of the best things about this! I'm really excited and I actually can't wait. Is Nobuyuki-san there?"

"Hmph! I have no idea where he is. Work most likely."

"Aa, I see. Could you let him know as well? I wanted to let you two know about this, since you two were the ones who pushed me into applying for it," she said gratefully.

"Of course! I'm so excited for you, you have no idea! Let me know how it goes? Or if you can, update me while you're participating!"

"I'll try," she promised. "I have to go fill out the papers and send them now, so I'll talk to you again later. Bye, Asuna-san."

"Bye, Kazuta!"

She hung up and searched out the papers, sitting down at her table and beginning the process of filling out all the needed forms.

~*~

Kazuta didn't go a day without being excited, actually chattering non-stop to her family and being more upbeat and lively than her usual cool countenance was like. She gushed about the game or the Full Dive technology she'd been following the development of, ever since its introduction. And if not those two topics, it would be the actual beta-testing itself or the man behind everything.

Kayaba Akihiko.

Suguha really didn't know what the fuss was about on him or this Sword Art Online game. She had never even understood Kazuta's fascination with that Full Dive thing either. What she did know was that Kazuta was really happy and wasn't quiet and subdued like normal. Which really made her happy because her sister wasn't withdrawn and actually happy for once.