I smiled up at him. "What's up?"

"Well, Cara's party tonight," he said, "what do you say, you and me?"

I parted my lips, trying to look for a subtle way to turn him down. "L-Leo, I'm sorry, but I already told Rusty I'd go with him."

"Really?" He asked, a small grin tugging at his lips.

"Aw, don't do that, I'll be forced to cancel on him and go with you," I jokingly said, beginning to walk the rest of the short distance to my class.

He followed. "It sounded like Rusty's got a bit of a challenge on his hands. Something about getting you out of the house without your dad knowing?"

I looked up at him.

"It wasn't a solid yes," he said, shrugging.

"Leo, don't you think that's a little," I began, "I don't know, dangerous?"

"You're the first girl that's turned down Leo and Rusty fighting over you," he said, grinning down at me.

"I know you're both very competitive, that's all," I said.

"Let's say it's fair game," he said, leaning his head back with a smile, "whoever makes it to you first, you're their date."

I let out a sigh, shaking my head. "I'll talk to you later."

"So is that a yes?" He yelled, making me giggle and walk the rest of the way to my class.

~*~

Santiago

I grabbed the door handle, pushing open the unlocked door. I'd told Arabella multiple times to lock the goddamn door.

I walked inside, stopping in my tracks when I saw her and a friend of hers dancing around the kitchen with music blaring.

"You don't even know me but you're calling me daddy," Arabella sang, giggling.

I frowned, dropping my briefcase.

"Oh, hey, Mr. King!" Violet greeted, smiling.

"Hi, girls," I greeted, smiling an uncomfortable smile.

"Hey, Dad," Ari greeted, pausing the song that was blaring.

"You know your brothers are flying in tonight."

"Yeah, she's not staying," Ari said, "we're just studying."

"On a Friday?" I deadpanned.

"Yes, on a Friday," she argued.

I nodded. "I'll be in my office."

"Ask him!" I heard Violet whisper, and I continued to head towards my office.

I opened the large, wooden doors and left them open. I knew Ari would come to ask me something, something the answer would probably be no to.

I waited a few moments and heard a delicate knock on the door.

"Hi, Dad," she greeted, tucking a chunk of hair behind her ear.

"Go ahead, ask me so I can say no."

She leaned her head back. "You've got to actually hear me out first. You can't say no without hearing my argument."

"Exactly, that's why I said ask," I said, folding my arms on my desk.

She folded her arms over her chest, looking at me.

"I'm waiting," I said, spinning around in my chair.