"This isn't what I want."

"Of course it is. All those hours you spent training, getting stronger, you could be a hunter, Elena. But you've never actually staked a vampire through the heart," he held the stake closer to her and she stared at it.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because you need me. Because you're an eighteen-year-old girl without parents or guidance or any sense of right and wrong anymore."

"Look at you. How is this right?!"

"She's a murderer. She told me she killed someone and liked it. And don't even get me started on Maya and her infatuation with Klaus. Now how is that right? Listen, Elena, your parents led the council. It was their life's mission to keep this town safe. They weren't dead six months before you undid it all."

"You don't know anything about them."

"Why, am I wrong? Do you actually think that they'd be proud of you?" Alaric began as he knelt down before continuing and handing her the stake, "If you don't side with the humans, you're just as bad as them. Now kill them. Or I'll do it for you and I'll make it hurt. Get up!"

Alaric grabbed Elena's arm and yanked her out of the seat before dragging her in front of Maya. He then forced the stake into her hand and pulled away.

Elena stood still for a moment. Maya, being as discreet as possible, nodded her head to the vervain filled beaker that rested on the desk before speaking, "It's okay Elena, I forgive you."

Elena nodded before spinning around and attempted to stake Alaric but ultimately failed. He grabbed her wrist before she could do anything and scolds, "I thought I taught you better than that."

"You did," Elena said before breaking the beaker filled with vervain over Alaric's head. He shouted in pain and his skin burned just as Caroline's had.

Elena helped Caroline get out of her entrapment and Maya focused on her hands. Maya took in a deep breath and muttered, "Don't fail me now," before managing to get the pencils out of her hands using magic.

The three made their way to the door but only Caroline made it out as Alaric cut the other two off.

"Not so fast."

"Get help!" Maya shouted at Caroline who was already out of the room, she nodded quickly before vamp speeding away.

Alaric threw Elena into a locker and grabbed her by the throat, holding her up against it. "I should kill you. I should gut you like Brian Walters, Bill Forbes, and all the other cowards I plan on ripping apart. You're the worst offender of them all, Elena. You don't deserve to live."

"So then, why am I still alive? There's obviously no humanity left in you, so what's stopping you, Alaric? If you want me dead then kill me."

Alaric's eyes became red and veiny.

"Do it! Kill me!" Elena shouted.

Alaric's eyes returned to normal and he let go of Elena and turned to Maya. Before he could act, Stefan and Damon rushed over and grabbed his arms.

"Do it now!" Damon shouted but Alaric pushed them off, breaking Stefans back.

Damon rushed back towards Alaric, but Alaric snaps his neck, temporarily killing him as well.

Klaus took his shot and rushed towards Alaric and placed his hand into Alaric's chest. Alaric grabbed Klaus and threw him against the lockers. He flipped him over and took the white oak stake and held it to his heart.

Maya panicked and with intense concentration on Alaric and shouted, "Phasmatos Ossox."

Alaric fell to the floor in pain before cracking his bones back in place. This gave Maya enough time to get to Elena.