Chapter seventeen: Picnic

Start from the beginning

I find a bench and sit down, setting my tea on the table next to it, and get to reading. I read for about four hours without any distractions except Goose jumping in my lap every once in a while. I then look at my phone to see it's a little over 12:30. I guess I should head inside, so I don't get completely burned up.

I head to the kitchen, a little snack couldn't hurt. I walk in and see Wanda talking to Nat at the bar.

"Hey Auntie Tasha, Wanda." I say as they smile at me.

"Hey Peter, you got any plans today?" Nat asks with a smirk. Who told her?

"I have a date later with Wade at the park. And I'm bringing Benji, so you'll have to watch Goose, you're the only person who he trusts." I say as she nods.

"Who's Wade?" Wanda asks as Nat smirks.

"Peter's boyfriend." Nat says as Wanda gasps.

"No way! Show me a pic!" Wanda says as I laugh and show her my screen saver.

"Aww, you guys look so cute together." She says as I just smile.

"I hope so." I say as I grab an apple.

"Wait isn't that the guy that pulled a gun on us yesterday?" Wanda asks as Nat nods.

"Yeah, he's the best." I say already starting to day dream about him. Nat just chuckles at my response.

I end up making small talk with them for about two hours and then head to my room and play on my phone until it's time.

When it's time to leave I grab a blanket and Benjis leash. He immediately jumps up and gets supper excited. I put the blanket, some treats, a ball, and a few other things in a back pack. I then set off to the park, listing to music on the way.

The walk was great, it's beautiful outside and the streets were not too busy, and I got there in about fifteen minutes.

At this park there is a couple of gated sections for peoples dogs, that are big enough to run around in. Though they are meant for many dogs, I find a empty one and let Benji loose. He runs around as I throw the ball around, waiting for Wade. Around five minutes later I see him running up with a basket, he opens the gate and sits on the blanket next to me, setting down the food. He brought a bag with food in it. He made us sandwiches, and he got mine perfectly right.

"How did you know how it make this?" I ask amazed.

"Well, we have never talked about it so I asked Natasha. I got her number from Fury and after begging him and me promising to never talk to him again." He says as I just stare at him.

"You are best boyfriend ever. You know that?" I ask as he blushes.

"I've been told that once or twice." He says adorably as he chuckles.

I look in the bag and see chips.

"Ooh! Salt and vinegar. My favorite!" I say as I grab them.

"I don't know how you can eat those things. It's like they eat you, you don't eat them." Wade says as I just laugh.

"But they are so good." I says dragging out the 'so' as he just shakes his head.

We talk and eat for around thirty minutes and then I get up and sit in the grass. Grabbing flowers and making two flower crowns, something MJ taught me how to do, while Wade plays with Benji. After around thirty minutes of them playing around and me making the crowns Wade comes back while Benji just runs around.

I place a flower crown on his head as he places one on mine.

"You look so cute." We say at the same time and then giggle. I then take a picture of the both of us and set it as my new lock screen. We talk and hanging out for another 45 minutes. Then we lay down and watch the sunset.

We are looking at the sunset and say at the same time "It's beautiful."

"Jinx you owe me a kiss on the lips." Wade says as I laugh, thinking of the vine.

Unexpectedly he places a kiss on my lips. I kiss back. Not hard, but affectionate. My first kiss.

"Wow." I say as he blushes.

"Yeah, Wow." He says as I giggle.

We both just stare at each other for a bit. I swear I feel like I can see the hearts in his eyes. After hanging out a bit after that we start to pack up.

"I'll walk you back." Wade says.

"I would love that." I say as I put Benji's leash on. We grasp each other's hands and he walks me back.

Best. Night. Ever.

—————————

1410 words

I hope you enjoyed this little fluffy chapter! I thought it was adorable and hope you do too. Please tell me what you would like to read and check out my other book. Thank you! Luv U ♥️