The Message

Nessa POV

*ding* I look over at my phone as it radiates a soft glow around my room. Through blurry eyes I see a notification from my dms (direct messages) appear at the top. It reads, "hey" from Tom Holland.
......
Tom POV

The smell of the fresh cut grass filled my nose as I sat back down on the golf cart. It had been a stressful day and golf seemed to always find a way of calming me down.

I checked my phone to make sure I hadn't missed any messages and of course I had.

I hadn't looked at my phone once since I had gotten here, I just wanted to take a break from the busy world for a little bit. I swiped away the overwhelming amount of notifications and put my phone down.

For a second it seemed like time had froze. As the sun lowered in the sky and the lights that shown on the damp grass faded, the only sound was the wisper of the crickets.

My peace was interrupted as my phone vibrated. I picked it up and through habit unlocked my phone before reading the notification.

The notification was from Twitter congratulating me on my amount of followers.

I noticed how many dms I had gotten, most of them, if not all of them were fans with hopes of getting to talk to me. I loved talking to fans but work had caused me to become busy and left little time to talk to them.

I clicked on the newest dm I had gotten from an account called MerrellHolland1.

The profile picture was a badly photoshopped picture of me and a girl wearing an oversized sweatshirt. The message read," I know you're probably busy and wont see this but I just want u to know that i am a huge fan of u and your work. Also this might be a bit random but there's this girl, @vanessamerrell, that is a very big fan of u. If u ever get a chance can u say hi to her, I think she would really like that."

I responded to the message, thanking her for being a fan and then clicked the highlighted username. I was quickly redirected to another Twitter account.

The account belonged to the girl in the photoshop before. I started laughing as I scrolled through her various funny tweets but as I was scrolling something caught my eye.

I paused as I looked at one of her tweets, this one with a picture attachment. The picture was of her smiling with her hand over her mouth. Even with her hand halfway over her mouth, you could still see her eyes bright with happiness.

I clicked the message button as I realized how long I had been sitting there looking at the picture

I sat there staring at the keyboard on my phone, why is it so hard to come up with something to say, it's just another fan...right.

After a lot of overthinking I decided on a simple "hey".
.....
Nessa POV

I wiped my eyes and looked at my phone agian, this couldn't be real. I reread the message over and over agian, not believing that Tom Holland would message me.

"Roni, I need to tell Roni", I half wisper yelled.

Roni (Veronica) is my twin, my sister, my bestfriend, I had to tell her.

I quickly stood up, causing myself to become dizzy. As I grabbed the door handle and steadied myself I realized what time it was.

"Its probably to late, she might be asleep already", I whispered to myself.

Standing there, I noticed that I still hadn't answered the message. I texted back,"hi".
.......
Tom POV

I like to get to know fans but I have to make sure that I treat fans equally and dont pick and choose favorites. At the moment though I had started to have a full on conversation.

I had learned her name was Vanessa but she liked to go by Nessa, she liked Krispy Kreme, cats, Harry Potter, Star Wars, and various other things. It was unusual for me to talk to a fan for this long but for some reason I just kept texting.

I looked down at a new message from Nessa, she had begun to misspell things, forgetting letters here and there. Realizing how late it was, I laughed at the thought of her misspelling things, trying to stay awake to text me.

"We should meet up sometime, Starbucks twelve o clock tommarow?".

Unsure why I said that, I put my phone in my pocket and left the golf course.
......
Nessa POV

I had been laying there barely able to keep my eyes open as I texted him. I knew this was probably my only chance to talk to him, he had a ton of other fans that wanted to talk to him too.

My eyes started to close as I got another message from him, "We should meet up sometime, Starbucks twelve o clock tommarow?".

I smiled as I answered, "sounds great".

Once again my eyes started to close. I felt my arm falling to my side, my phone still in my hand. I fell asleep as a notification appeared on my phone, "great, goodnight".