Two

If someone ever told Charles Xavier he would dedicate his life to the mutant cause, gather a team to fight dangerous threats to mankind, protect human beings even when they feared and hated them, to the point of creating a “cure” for what they thought it was a disease, he might have believed that. But, if someone ever told him he would have to play marriage counselor to a 200 year mutant and his non believer ex girlfriend, he would probably just accuse them of insanity, however, that was exactly what was going on.

One of Charles’ advantages of being known as a serious man was that his focused face could perfectly hide his boredom. He had lost track of how long he had a hysterical Sabretooth in his office while a young woman accused him of kissing her against her will.

“For the millionth time: you are my fucking mate!” Victor roared at the stubborn young mutant who just rolled her eyes

“For the millionth time” she imitated his words “I don't know you, I have no idea what a “mate” is and I don't want you touching me, you crazy freak”

Logan had to hold back his chuckle, he could smell his brother's hurt and anger, but it was funny to watch him taking so much crap from a young girl like that. He saw, however, how annoyed Charles was and he couldn't blame the old mutant; that argument should have been over at least a couple of hours ago, but Victor of course, had to be a pushy motherfucker as always. It was obvious Y/N was uncomfortable, she had no recollection of any of things Creed claimed; it didn't matter if they were true or not, he couldn't just expect her to ignore all that and jump into his arms.

“ENOUGH!”

Charles raised his voice before he could hear any other grunt coming from Victor, he was fed up and didn't want to get in the middle of that. They were lucky enough their plan was successful for everybody, he had to remind the wild feral mutant that the main idea was to save everyone, and not only Y/N, some things were just not his problem after all.

“Victor, Y/N. I am deeply sorry to hear about your… situation” he sighed “but this is something that has to do with the two of you only, I'm afraid any kind of interference could be harmful to you.”

“But Professor, you can't just allow Sabretooth walking around and claiming to everybody I belong to him”

“It’s Victor, frail, that's my fucking name” He groaned at her, it just disturbed hearing his kitten calling him like that. “and you are mine, what part of I went back in time just to fucking save your ungrateful cute ass?”

“Stop this nonsense, Creed, it is just a creepy lie, I don't what do you plan but you are not getting anything from me”

Xavier interrupted the argument again using his mutation to shut the window close, so the loud noise dragged their attention to himself again.

“Y/N I understand your confusion, and I am here to help you out with any questions you may have, but we must end up this conversation here” he got a weak nod from the girl and then turned to Victor “and you Mr. Creed, are welcome to stay with us as long as you no longer harass Y/N.”

The three of them left Xavier's office in silence. The smell of tension and anger in the air was just nauseous, it was beyond Logan how his brother would solve the problem. He could see Victor glancing at Y/N in a predatory way, it was quite disturbing to see it, he had an idea of how unsettled she was feeling now.

“Y/N, you don't need to show up for any trainings this week, got it?” Logan let her know, that would only bring them more problems. He saw her nodding as Victor clenched his jaw. Without controlling his impulse, he tightened the grip around her arm again, making her yelp in pain at the feel of his claws threatening to break the skin.