Chapter 36. Romeo and Juliet in the Rain

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"Niall" I laughed, causing him to stop and look up at me

"Yes gorgeous?" he asked

"You're an idiot!"

He smiled "I'm your idiot, if you'll let me be"

I shook my head, a big smile on my face and stepped back in the house, racing downstairs to open the back door to find him still waiting, guitar hanging off his back, clothes sticking to his chest and shoulders, hair dripping, completely black with rain. The other boys were underneath umbrellas, wet but not soaking.

"Niall!" 

He turned to me, startled and gave me a giant smile. "Hi" he laughed 

"Hi" I replied, breathless from the very sight of him "Come inside before you catch a cold"

The other boys started for the door and I moved aside to let them in but Niall stayed in the rain.

"I'm not moving until were okay" he said simply "I want you to be the first girl I kiss in the rain"

I blushed and stepped out into the backyard to meet him, just a few days ago, I did the same thing and we ended up yelling at each other. "Is it worth it?" I asked "Are we worth it Niall?"

"I want to be worth it, I want to make this work, everything I said in the letter about buying you a ring and having kids with you and living down the road from the boys" he sighed "I meant all of it, I'm 19 and I love you the way I imagined my dad loved my mum before their divorce, I love you the way Romeo loved Juliet, I'll stand out here in the rain for you, I'll get struck by lightning or take a bullet for you, I'd die for you!"

"I love you" I replied "I love you more than I loved Pat, more than Juliet loved Romeo, I love you like crazy and I can't believe it, your my family Niall, I want a life with you past being your girlfriend, I want you"

He reached forward, wet hands pushing back my wet hair and lips moving forward to touch mine gently and lovingly. He tasted of mint and rain. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands moved down to catch the back of my thighs, pulling me up until I had to jump up and wrap my legs around his waist or risk falling because I was already up on my toes to reach him.

"I love you" he whispered in between peppered kisses "I love you Riley, I fucking love you"

"I love you too" I replied, eyes bubbling over with happy tears "I love you so much"

"Take me back, We'll never fight again, I promise"

I laughed and buried my head in the crook of his shoulder "Take me inside and I'll take you back, the kiss in the rain is romantic and all but I'm all sticky!"

He laughed and rushed us inside, pulling the back door closed and pressing me up against it, kissing my lips, neck and shoulders. 

"Does that mean Niley's back?" he whispered huskily, kissing my ear. 

I nodded, looking over his shoulder for any sign of the boys. 

"There gone" Niall answered before I could even ask "I saw Harry push them all out and wave goodbye before I kissed you, I don't think they wanted to stay around for this part"

I nodded and pulled at the wet ends of hair causing him to moan and bite my neck playfully. 

"Are you home alone?"

"Apart for Draco, yeah" I whispered, kissing his cheeks and lips "Do you want to spend the night?"

"Only if you want me to" he replied "I'm not going to walk back in unless your ready

"I'm ready" 

Niall hitched my legs tighter around his hips and carried me upstairs, shedding all of our wet clothes before laying me back on the bed and kissing along my hips, stomach and collar bone. 

"I love you" he whispered, hands ghosting over my thighs "I love you so much, I'm never going to leave you"

"I love you too" I replied, fingers grasping at wet strands of hair that were slowly returning to his normal color which, now I realized, was mostly brown. 

Niall kissed my lips hard and lovingly, wrapping my legs around his waist and pulling the blanket over the both of us. 

At the end of the night, Niall had my pulled tightly against his chest, arm around my waist like he was never letting go, fingers trailing along my hip gently as he dozed in and out, his breath on my neck, and legs tangled in mine, foot rubbing up along my leg occasionally. 

I loved this feeling, I loved the way he pulled me against him and never let go, the little things he did with his foot and hands that made my stomach flutter like I was falling in love with him all over again. It was magical.

It was only magical in his arms and I knew that I'd be here for a long time to come. 

Niall’s POV

Riley was snoring softly, stomach flittering with the intake or air softly, causing my fingers to drift over her stomach. 

Her wet hair was tucked in a braid under her neck, a dirty blonde color from all those days she'd spent in bed. Her tears were drying on her cheeks with the rain drops and I hadn't realized till now that we'd both been crying tonight. Tonight was probably the closest I'd ever been with her - physically and emotionally - and I loved every second of it, even just laying here with her made my heart swell. She was the one.

Harry's best friend, high schools drop out with a 3 year old son and a lot of family baggage. Riley Kendall. She was the one.

Holding her against me like this and feeling the curves of her skin, seeing the flutter of her eyelashes as she slept, hearing her heartbeat beside me, it made me realize it was all worth it.

The fight had been worth it. The space was worth it. The tears were worth it. The Romeo and Juliet in the rain was worth it. Being a family man was worth it. 

The ring back at my apartment, hidden in my underwear draw - that sure was worth it. 

*cue* OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! haha :) I felt bad for leaving you guys with a short chapter so I brought you THIS! 

Comment Question: WHAT KIND OF RING DO YOU THINK NIALL GOT RILEY? send me pictures if you cant explain it!

Enjoy it? Leave me a comment or send me a Tweet! 

@beth_victoriax (don't forget the x)

My Son and My Boy Band Boyfriendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें