Father's Day (Modern!Ivar)

Summary: Finding out that you're pregnant, you come up with a plan to tell Ivar when he returns from a 'business' trip on Father's Day

Warnings: implied smut, fluff, strong language

It wasn't easy being the wife to the leader of the city's most notorious mafia gang. Between having to keep your marriage a secret and constantly looking over your shoulder, your life was lived on your tip-toes ever since that first kiss with Ivar. But by now, looking over your shoulder became second nature to you and the hardest thing turned to be the numerous times Ivar was away from you. Especially for an extended period of time.

The times that Ivar was home with you, he always try his best to make you forget about the life you both lived. He tried to forget about his phone or even ignore it when it rang only answering it if it was one of his brothers. But then he'd tell them to fuck off and sort out whatever it was and leave him be.

Ivar's hands rarely left your body when he would return after a lengthy 'business' trip. When you were in his arms, his fingers would twist the wedding band on your finger as his lips would pepper kisses over your neck. It was his way of reassuring himself that you aren't a dream. That you are really his wife.

Groaning as he rolls over beside you, Ivar pulls you into his heaving chest. Smiling brightly as you rest a hand over his pounding heart, you try to catch your breath as his hand runs over the bare skin of your back. "Gods, I love you," he mutters against your hair as he presses a kiss against your head.

Glancing up at him as you lick you dry lips, you raise your hand and place it on the side of his face as you take in a deep breath. "And I love you too, husband," you whisper sensationally, giggling as you watch his blue eyes grow dark at the name. You know he loves hearing you call him that and you know what it does to him.

Staring down at you with lustful eyes, he leans down to catch your lips in his. Grabbing your face in one of his big hands, you moan as he nips at your bottom lip. The sound of his phone ringing on the bedside table causes Ivar to groan in frustration and harshly pull away from you.

Whining at the loss of his touch, he quickly answers the call and places the phone against his ear. "Hvitserk, I'm trying to spend time with my wife," he growls into the phone as he returns his mouth to yours.

You can hear his brother speak over the phone but nothing really registers in your mind whenever Ivar's lips are attached to yours. When he pulls away from you again and sneers into the phone, you know that it must be something serious as he shoots to sit up. Hissing a few words into the phone, he quickly ends the call and throws it back on the table before running his hands over his face. He's frustrated.

Pushing yourself up, you place your hands on his shoulders and gently stroke them as you places kisses over his skin. "Let me guess; you have to leave again," you whisper and Ivar sighs, confirming your words. A sigh falls from your lips as you rest your chin on his shoulder. "How long?"

Turning his head to you, his eyes stare at you full with sorrow. "A few weeks," he states, pressing his forehead against yours. Sighing, you wrap your arms around his body and close your eyes. "I know I just got back but this is important," he states, grabbing your one hand and bringing it up to his mouth, kissing each fingertip before placing one on the back of your knuckles.

"I know you wouldn't go if it wasn't, Ivar," you say, moving in front of him to straddle his lap. "Just come back to me in one piece. That's all I ask," you beg, placing your hands on the side of his neck as his own rest on your hips.

Smiling up at you, he kisses your lips lightly as he pulls you closer. "You always ask that, wife," he chuckles, making you shrug your shoulder as you giggle at him. Deeply kissing you again, he flips you over pressing your back into the mattress as his body moves against yours and a moan to flutter through your body.

You know not to call Ivar whenever he's away. The one time when you did, he thought that something was the matter, that you were in trouble and you never heard the end of it for weeks after he returned home. The only time you would ever speak to him was when he would call you and it usually lasted for no longer than five minutes where he would tell you when he was coming back home. That was it. Nothing about what he was doing. That he would save for when he was with you in person. For safety reasons, of course.

But when you found out that you're pregnant, you had to stop yourself multiple times to press that tempting 'call' button beside Ivar's name. And when he finally called you, informing you that he would be back by the end of the week, you came up with a plan to tell him the news when you noticed the day of his return. It was fitting that it would be Father's day when he comes back.

When the day finally arrived, you felt as giddy as a school girl. Making sure everything was ready, you're sure to wear a loose shirt to hide the curve of your stomach and resort to wearing one of Ivar's shirts. Placing the gift you've brought that will tell Ivar the new on the coffee table, your head snaps up when you hear the front door open.

Hearing Ivar's heavy, uneven footsteps and his crutch hitting the floor, your heart flutters against your chest as you bounce towards the front door. When his eyes lift up to you, a bright smile spreads across his face and he wraps his free arms around your waist as you jump into his chest. "You're wearing one of my shirts," he states, chuckling against your skin as he kisses your neck.

Giggling at him, you pull out of his embrace as take his hand in yours. "I have something for you," you chime, pulling him towards the living room as a smirk grows on his face.

His eyes land on the gift sitting on the table and he frowns up at you in confusion. Pulling him to the sofa, you sit him down in front of the gift and you sit beside him. "I should be the one buying you lingerie," he teases, picking up the gift as you glare at him. Laughing at your response, he turns his attention to the bag in front of him.

Biting your lip when he reaches in, you carefully watch his expression as he pulls out two baby outfits that says 'Baby 1' and 'Baby 2′ on the front. His face falls as he stares at the clothes before his head snaps up at you. "Happy Father's day, daddy," you smile, weaving your finger between his as a smile slowly spreads across his face.

"You're pregnant?" he questions, making you nod your head. "With twins?"

You chuckle at him before nodding again. "Hence the two outfits," you laugh, glancing at the outfits in his hands. Quickly placing them on the table in front of him, his eyes travel down to your stomach.

Taking a hold of his hand, you move it under his shirt that you wear to place on your bare skin. Ivar rolls the shirt up to expose the bump that wasn't there when he left you. Leaning down, his face comes inches away from your skin making you sigh when his breath hits your stomach. "You have made me the happiest man on Earth. And I will everything to see that you stay safe," he whispers, placing a kiss on the curve before looking back up at you. "All three of you."