ZERO

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"you know what must be done, right?" lucius malfoy shivered at the eerie voice that belonged to the dark lord. he could feel the wizard's presence behind him, and he turned around slowly, meeting the cold eyes of lord voldemort. in his hands was a wand, broken in half and seemingly familiar to him. lord voldemort held it out to him, dropping it into lucius' awaiting hand.

"what is this?" he spoke with a certain edge to his voice, afraid to find out whose wand he was holding. lord voldemort turned slightly, making his way around the large dining table. his dark robe moved around him, almost like death itself was following him. lucius tried to hide the second shiver that ran down his spine.

"your sister is dead." lucius froze, his eyes slightly widening at the thought of his only sibling being dead. he had come to terms with not seeing her ever again a while ago, but hearing that she was dead was different. he would never wish her dead.

"you finally found where she was hiding, i assume." lucius played the part well, pretending to not care that his sister was dead. it was no secret that he had never gotten along with his younger sister. she was good, he wasn't. he wanted to follow the dark lord, she didn't. and in the end, it led her to her death.

"north america, hiding out with the muggles." lord voldemort paused, his dark eyes landing on lucius once more. "her daughter was attending a school for magic called ilvermorny. she's an orphan now. i expect you to take her in."

lucius' eyes widened once again, having not known that he had a niece. and now he was expected to take her in; a witch who was raised around muggles. the thought alone disgusted him.

"forgive me for asking but why must i take her in?" his voice must have given away the disgust he felt as the dark lord rounded on him, a finger pointed accusingly at his chest. he moved forward, his nail slowly pushing into lucius' skin.

"she plays an important part in my plan. i need to know she's safe and will be ready to join me when the time comes. can you manage to do that?" his voice dropped to a mocking tone, making lucius feel small in comparison. the platinum-haired man lifted his chin, trying to hide his intimidation and nodded.

"she'll be ready, as will draco."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*