Chapter 4: Dinner

Start from the beginning

"Olivia, Trent, in my office. NOW." He said and we both followed him.

"Take Chantel to the toilet and help her clean up." I said to Sam and Bonnie before I went off to follow Mr. Williams and Olivia.

~~

And so, Mr. Williams asked me what happened and I told him. Olivia tried to defend herself but the more she does, the more she digs herself a deeper hole.

"That's it Ms. Crowder. You're suspended for two weeks." He said. "You may leave now." Olivia stood up from her seat and stormed out of the office with her bag slung onto her shoulders. I stood up and tried to leave when he spoke up.

"And as for you Mr. Bell, I'm giving you the position of the School Captain." He said.

"But sir, don't I have to be voted by the students to get into that position?" I said.

"Trent, I've been hearing about your good deeds to the students from your teachers and classmates and I can say that I'm very impressed. Teenagers like you are rare these days." He said. "And believe me, they all want you to be the School Captain."

I smiled. I mean, this is too good to be true! Me? As the school captain?!

Mr. Williams then handed to me a badge. I looked at it and it wasn't just any badge. It's MY own badge. On it were the words written:

'Trent Bell - School Captain'

"I knew that this day would come so I had it prepared for you two weeks ago. I just can't seem to find the right time because I always deal with other students who need some disciplining." He said with a clever smile.

I chuckled, "Thank you sir! You don't know how much I feel very honoured right now!" I said.

"So off you go now while wearing that badge. You deserve it, kid." He told me then I went out of the office and clipped it on my shirt. After that, I searched for Chantel and found her sitting with my friends quietly. When she saw me, she immediately stood up.

"Are you okay now?" I asked her with a hint of concern in my voice and held her shoulders firmly.

"Yeah." She said. I cupped her face and studied her from head to foot to see if she's really alright.

She giggled, "Trent, I'm fine now. Thank you for saving me. Again." She added while looking into my eyes.

"Chantel, I told you that I will always be here for you, didn't I?" I said.

"And then there's Trent, bringing out some moves towards Chantel." Jake scoffed.

"Dude, why don't you just ask her out?" Billy said.

I looked at Chantel and she was blushing. I smiled to myself and then turned to them, "You guys are crazy! Leave her alone." I said and they laughed.

"By the way, what happened to Olivia?" Sam asked.

"She got suspended for two weeks." I replied. "Hey guys, guess who's the new school captain?" They all stared at me blankly until they realised who I was talking about.

"Oh Lord.... Dude, don't tell us it's you?" Marc said and I nodded as I showed them my badge.

"Thank God! He finally answered my prayer!" Bonnie said cheerfully.

"About time, mate." Billy chimed in. Chantel tapped my shoulder and I turned to her.

"Congratulations. You deserve it as much as you deserve to be in the play." She said, giving me her most beautiful smile. I smiled back and then she broke her gaze and turned to the others who were being silly at the moment with one another.