Chapter four: Webs

Start from the beginning

"You know how he uses webs?" I ask.

"Yes sir." He says.

"Well I've been trying to come up with a stronger web solution that would last longer. Maybe different types too, like some that are meant to be weak and only last a little. But either way, I'm working on the stronger solution today. Follow me over here." I say as I head into Bruce's lab, he has all of the Chem stuff.

I didn't realize that Bruce was in there until he walked up to me.

"Hey Tony, who's the kid?" He asks curiously.

"This is my most recent intern, Peter." I say confidently, I think this one will last a while.

Peter's POV

Bruce held his hand out to me and I shook it.

"Hello Peter, oh wow, you have a very firm grip." Bruce says as he lets go of my hand.

"Thank you doctor Banner. I must say, I really enjoyed reading your books, my favorite being the one over gamma radiation." I say, I know my eyes are probably twice the size that they normally are. Like OMG! I can't believe I'm meeting Dr. Banner! Ned is gonna be sooo jealous!

He looked surprised when I said that.

"You understood those books?" Bruce asks looking impressed.

"Yes sir, I love anything science related." I say.

"Well then you've chosen to intern for the right place." Bruce says with a smirk as he goes back to whatever he was doing.

"Okay Pete, lets get too it." He says as he starts to get out some of the equipment. "Hey Pete could you go over there to that cabinet, I need you to get the ingredients for the web fluid."

Without thinking, I grab all of the necessary ingredients for the fluid and bring it over to the table.

"How did you know what to grab? I didn't even tell you yet?" Mr. Stark says with an eyebrow raised high.

"Oh... I.. saw the paper. Yeah, I looked at the paper and grabbed the ingredients." I say trying to convince him, but it ended up sounding like I was trying to convince myself. I can't tell if he believes my lie but either way he lets it slide.

"Alright kid, look at the paper and start measuring stuff out. And do it perfectly because if you don't this could end badly. Got it?" Mr. Stark asks sternly.

"Yes sir, I understand." Trust me when I say that I understand, I've had this recipe blow up on me plenty of times.

"Alright then get to it." He says as I measure out the ingredients. It comes naturally to me as I have done this what feels like millions of times before.

"Now look at the sheet and combine it." He says and I do so. Also doing it perfectly. He looks impressed.

"Wow, good job kid. It took me like twenty times to make it with the instructions directly in front of me." He says sounding impressed.

"Thank you Mr. Stark." I say.

"Alright kid, now that we have a base to the fluid we have to make it stronger some how." He says curiously, he's obviously been thinking about this for a while. Luckily so have I, and I've come up with a solution last week.

"How about you add a table spoon of neodymium?" I say, trying to make it sound like a question and now a answer.

"Where did you get that idea from?" He asks curiously.

"Oh, well I know that neodymium is used to make certain things stronger, like thread for fabrics." I say back. It wasn't a complete lie. I mean that is how I found out.

"Ok mr. scientist. You know where the chemical cabinet is. I'll give you the honors of mixing it up just in case it blows up. I'll be over here." He says backing away a bit. I just chuckle a bit because I know it will work out perfectly.

I mix up the concoction and watch it become stronger by the second. It's already sticking to the stirring stick and won't come off.

Tony comes over to look at it.

"How the hel-" He starts as he just stares at the mixture in awe.

"I've been working on this for a month and you've done it in about fifteen minutes! This is insane. Pepper said you were smart." He says looking at me in awe.

"Like I said, I just really like science." I say.

"I think that Pepper made a good decision on putting you with me." He says as I smile.

"Thank you sir." I say back.

We end up working on different things in the lab for a bit.

Eventually he checks his watch and looks back up at me.

"Hmm it's already 8:00, you should probably get going. I hope you see you again tomorrow Pete." He says as I grab my bag.

"Yes sir you will be." I say with a smile as I head to the elevator. I think I made a good first impression. The upcoming weeks are gonna be amazing.

———————

1469 words.

Good chapter? Maybe? Thanks for reading my dudes. I really do appreciate it.