I managed to get clearance through the government to be a permanent guard for him, how he pulled it off, I don't know, but I was paid for my services to the company by his accountant.

"Take your pick." These were all armored fleet vehicles. "These are for personal business only. It will be delivered to the house and stored outside. This is cash, up front... your vehicle is your own." I picked a Tahoe, heavily tinted and bulletproof. Costed a pretty penny, but he didn't mind. "Now, you get to go and take your pick." I was a kid in the candy shop.

I looked and looked until I found a suped up Tundra, brand new. Lifted, V8, top of the line. I almost drooled.

"Me doth thinks the lady likes." He said jokingly.

"Oh, I like." I flagged down a salesman and immediately got started on the paperwork. When I said I had a lot in savings, I didn't lie. I put $30,000 down on the truck so my payments would be low.

They delivered the Tahoe to the house while we cruised in style in my Tundra.

"You gotta climb into this behemoth." He laughed at me.

"Hey, beats you driving it, at least they know I don't have a dick and can't say it's small and I'm overcompensating." I hoisted myself up, and into my seat. "Hell, I had to climb into the humvees."

"Tiny, tiny." He shook his head. 

"Shut up, mammoth." I grumbled, connecting my phone, and put on my Spotify.

"Can't help being 6'3 and you're what? 5'6?"

"Don't make me pepperspray you." I threatened him. I may be smaller than him, but he knew my combat training.

"Kidding, Firehawk, jeez. Don't make me relive the gas chamber." We bother shuddered at that.

Once back at the house, we awaited the arrival of the Tahoe, which was delivered by a towing Flatbed, and now stored outside.

Once everything was put where it should be, Agnes called us for dinner... She still wasn't aware of the circumstances of my termination with EPS and he didn't have the heart to tell her.

Taking Spitfire for his evening walk, he became used to his leash, and we let him do his thing until the wind became too nippy for us.

Snow began to fall on our walk back and Spitfire sat, watching curiously.

"Aww.." I mumbled into my scarf as he tilted his head in wonder.

"Yeah, boy, it's a winter wonderland!" Mason ruffled his ears. Spitfire yipped, trying to chomp at the bigger chunks now coming down. "We'll let you come play when there's more in the morning. Let's head back." Agnes was waiting for us with two hot mugs of hot chocolate and a treat for the pup. He ran off to go sit with his treat bearer, leaving us two alone, which, I still wasn't completely comfortable with.

"We still haven't talked about... well, us." He said quietly, avoiding the ears of Agnes who was down the hall. I fidgeted on my side of the couch.

"Well, first things first, we have to break the news to her." I pointed a finger down the hall from my lap.

"Right." He blew out a breath. "But, still... are you okay with... this?" I knew what he meant.

"I honestly... I honestly don't know." I answered him quietly. "I don't know how it's supposed to feel. I mean, are you my boyfriend but paying my bills? I thought fraternization was against your rules." He chuckled and rubbed his chin.

"You might be right." I punched his arm. "Ow. Offensive!" I laughed, rolling my eyes. "I'd have to have them sign an NDA and No Toxicity paper if they want to date, but that means we have to sign it, too." I scratched my thigh, one of my anxiety ticks.