𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚗𝚞𝚖 𝙾𝚙𝚞𝚜 {𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝}

This is actually a re-write of a one shot I wrote before. The old version is in my book 'Miscellaneous Writings'. Feel free to read it, but I recommend that you don't. There's a reason why I re-wrote it. But maybe you can have fun seeing how much I improved from the time I first wrote it.

The picture above is a drawing of Adriann, and it was so kindly drawn by Wobbely !! Please go check them out. Their tumblr is lemon-squeazie, and their art is amazing!

I hope you enjoy reading.

__________

Harsh winds pushed your body back as you struggled to walk through the city. Causing you to nearly trip and fall with every step you took. The sidewalk drenched with large puddles of water slowly forming on the concrete, those which had already caused you to slip and fall multiple times already. The wet spots on your jeans already being proof of that. Water seeping through the fabric and clinging to your goosebump ridden skin. With every burst of wind that blew against you, you felt a shiver travel up your spine.

In a desperate attempt to warm yourself up, you gripped the sides of your coat, and pulled it even closer to your torso. As expected, it didn't help. You didn't even feel a bit warmer, but you still kept your hands to your sides. If you kept them there long enough, they would probably produce some more heat.

Weather like this always made the simplest tasks seem incredibly difficult, just walking drained you of whatever energy you had left inside you. You were nearly toppling over with every step you took, just barely managing to catch yourself before you fell once again, your legs threatening to give out from under you. The bitter cold still able to reach you through all your clothing. Next time you lost your balance, you doubted that you would be able to save yourself from tripping. And you would end up falling on the concrete again. Like you had already done so many times before.

The past week had been full of such frigid temperatures. There was rarely a second of peace, never free from the chaos coming from the sky. The constant flow of water causing small rivers to form along the sidewalks. Thunder screamed every night, keeping even the deepest of sleepers wide awake in their beds. You couldn't forget the lightning, with it's dangerous spark temporarily brightening the dark, but it was lethal if you were struck. Just thinking of the pain it could bring you filled you with dread. A few people had died from being hit, and you weren't looking to repeat their same mistakes.

You looked up at the sky, painted black with stars carelessly splattered across it. A heap of grey clouds threatening to overtake it and cause another shower of rain water to fall down. It was an awful shame that such a beautiful picture would have to be obscured by such bland, dull colors. Even though you had taken so many precautions in order to avoid the storms, it looks like you were going to be caught in one anyways. The thick coat you wore would be soaked through in a few short minutes of standing outside, and, if there was lightning, it would be too dangerous to use your umbrella.

You internally cursed whatever gods there were for choosing your city, out of all the ones there were in the world, to rein such hellish gales upon. But it was still better than the first few days when the storms had first arrived. At that time, the winds were powerful enough to knock down dozens of trees across town. Crashing down onto people's houses and ramming into entire buildings. Rain came down like a series of bullets descending from the sky, hitting the ones who were unfortunate enough to forget their umbrellas. It would begin to hail with little to no warning, leaving those below defenseless from the pelting pieces of ice.

Whenever storm season came, it became hell for you and everyone in the city.

However, you supposed it was better than snow smothered sidewalks and ice covered roads, with both people and cars slipping on them everyday. Admittedly, you had gotten so sick of the yearly storms that you yearned to see some snow instead. Anything besides the same shade of grey you would see much too often for your liking.