At anytime an invitation You can't decline

Start from the beginning

Freddie was on yet another question train with Roger like where did he get the jacket? Hand me down that he sewed up himself. Wheres his car? Sold. Hows your sister? Oh Claire, shes just great. This went on until they got to the tower of flats. John getting out first and opening the boot followed by Freddie and Roger, Deaky lifting both cases with ease tossing Freddie the car keys.

They ran up the steps of the tower pressing the buzzer labled with B. May-F.Mercury-T.Staffle which resulted in a loud shreiking humm from the intercom meaning the other man who he assumed was Tim was home? maybe he couldnt be sure. He honestly wasnt really paying attention during that phone call to Fred so he just went along with them, when the door was opened, After they passed the threshhold Roger did insist on carrying one of his own bags up the steep flights of stairs for Deacons sake. By the time they reached the floor of their accomidation Roger was clinging to the rusting handrail he lost count of the amount of floors between four to seven flights ago. Their flat was number 14D it had a purple door which stuck out like a sore thumb against the grey hall but something about that gave Roger a good feeling.

Freddie fumbles the door open with his hands numb from the cold rushing into the bathroom he had been complaing about for fifteen minutes, John turned to a still slightly damp Roger and half smiled.

"How dyou take tea?" He turned round to what John assumed was the kitchen and Roger followed niether him or John could really reach the high cabinets which were stalked with different brands and blends of tea.

"Um just milk and two sugars please?" Deacky hummed in response, putting water into the kettle. Roger shifted awkwardly not sure how to make conversation with his new companion

"So how is living here so far?" He thought this would be the easist thing to inquire about first, after all John was new to the area as well.

"Eh, ive been here two weeks. Freddie and Brian are nice, They can reach the high shelves" Oh, wasnt there three names on the buzzer?

"I thought a guy named Tim lived here aswell?"

"Ehhh, maybe dont bring him up for a bit lets just say Tim isnt a nice bloke" Deaky said slight irratance in his voice. Rogers attention was taken off John by a notification and a closing door from Freddie saying he had nipped to the shops and had taken the car. So they were effectively stuck here, On a thursday evening while the storm thunderred on outside.

"Freds out then? Brians doing some research paper so we wont see him til dinner maybe after hasnt really been out of his room much the last week" Deacon pipped in setting a mug - that had to be Freds- infront of Roger with two Jaffa cakes taking the seat next to him at the breakfast table his own cup of tea in his hand. Unlike his own horribly patterned cat themed mug, Johns was an opaque pale yellow colours emblazened with a single Bumble bee for all he didnt know much about John Deacon the mug sure suited his demeanor. They discussed courses at the universities, Music, Hometowns, How they came by the flat John awkwardly revealing he was at his orientation and happened upon the Advertisment on Facebook that Freddie had posted. Finally Roger couldnt resist asking.

"So what exactly did Tim do" Obviously it must have been something horrible for him to flat out leave his apartment and no longer speak to two of what Roger would have assumed were his close mates.

"Well, The only person who knows the whole story is Brian but he wont speak of it" Brian had came up a few times in the convesation he sounded nice enough, really clever apparantly. With that they heard a door somewhere in the flat open, close, shuffling in the hall, another door and the turning on of the shower.

Freddie arrived home not much later bringing an assortment of foods ranging from the ingrediants for Spaghetti bolangnaise for Deacon and Roger, Chicken fillets for himself and an outright disgusting looking vegetarian lasange for Brian. The three of them set to work on the meals finishing preparing them within the hour as they sat down in the living room too eat huddled together on the couch as the flat was freakisly cold.

"Shouldnt someone get Brian?" Fred pipped up then quickly followed by a call of "not it" which Deaky echoed.

"might aswell introduce myself at this point" Roger awkwardly laughed off and approached the Physics students room after exitting the huddle pile flinching at the cold of the flat. He knocked on the door before entering the room which was dimly lit with orange hued lamps turned on in each corner he could see two large bookshelves from the door way.

But what really shocked him was Brian May he was very tall and slender with a straignt nose and defined feautres his bottom half was covered in tatan shorts excentuating his long pole like limbs a grey hoodie which was from the brand Vans and to top it all off the most gorgeous curly mop of hair Roger had ever seen. At this point he had forgot Curtis from the Train even exsisted for a breif moment they just stared at eachother Brian taking slightly longer to recompose himself then Roger who after a moment cleared his throat and announced dinner was ready.

"Your Roger right?" The older man questioned his voice soft and low, running a hand through his still damp hair.

"Yeah Freddie said much about me then?"

"Oh Ive heard stories" He chuckled down at him with that they both scuttled back to the living room where the other two sick of waiting had unpaused the Brooklynn nine nine episode they were watching and began to tuck in to their own dinners snuggled up on the couch. Rain was battering off the windows now outside as Roger slotted back into his original seat Brian sliding in on the end of the couch next to him.

Maybe house sharing wont be all bad?