two! ⋆ MIDDLE SCHOOL DWEEBS

Start from the beginning

Kate scoffed, her head lulling back a bit before looking over at him. "Are we ever okay?"

"You know what I mean," he pressed, nudging her shoulder lightly.

"He felt bad. And he apologised, which I don't think he's ever done in his life, so..."

Steve turned his head toward her, leaning in a little bit closer – giving her his complete attention. "He was probably just stressed from work–"

"Or maybe he's a fucking alcoholic who can't take care of himself, let alone a teenager," she ranted shortly, feeling the remaining anger from last night bubble up again.

At this point, the two had gotten closer than they were just moments before. Their noses were only inches apart. If everyone didn't already know they were best friends, they would probably think they were seconds away from making out.

"Can you guys stop fucking for a second and listen to me?" Tommy's voice interrupted whatever moment the two were having.

"Shut up, Tommy," Steve responded quietly with the roll of his eyes.

Kate slowly turned her attention to him. Carol was standing in front of the boy, while he had his hands wrapped around her shoulders from behind. Tommy and Carol were shitty people, but Kate tended to get jealous of their constant lovey-dovey relationship – probably because she was the most single person on the planet.

"After the game, we're going back to my place. My parents aren't gonna be home and I found the key to their whiskey stash so it's free game. You guys down?" Tommy asked, looking between his two friends.

"It's free alcohol," Steve shrugged. "Of course I'm down."

Suddenly, three pairs of expectant eyes were looking at Catherine. Even though she'd been friends with them for years, her cheeks began to heat up at their gaze. "I... I have to babysit tonight."

"Of course you do," Carol huffed.

Tommy spoke up. "Tell them you can't make it and come with us."

"I can't..."

"So you'd rather hang out with a bunch of middle school dweebs than your best friends?"

Kate smirked at the boy next to her, and hopped off the car as the bell rung. "Yep," she said with a wide smile before walking into school.

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness," Kate explained to the four boys sitting around the grid map on the table

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness," Kate explained to the four boys sitting around the grid map on the table. "It is almost here..."

Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will all lean closer toward the girl with the book in her hand; each one as riveted as the one next to them. It was almost comical how intrigued the twelve-year-olds were with this game; and if Kate wasn't so focused, she'd probably be laughing at them.