The Things You Do To Me

_________________________

Pete

X

Kao

_________________________

Pete and Kao continued to send each other sly smiles as they secretly played footsie under the table. Although surrounded by the rest of their friends, they were completely immersed into one another.

"Hey Kao hasn't that mosquito bite gone yet? It's been months already," June spoke up suspicious, air quoting the words mosquito bite. Nudging Kao playfully, who was in the midst of kicking Pete back. He immediately stopped and slapped the side of his neck, covering the mark.

'Dammit Pete I told you not to leave any marks on me,' Kao thought to himself.

"I told you it gave me a rash, that's probably why," Kao responded, he was lying through his teeth. Sandee watched her friends closely, Pete avoided all eye contact looking down at his drink, a small grin on his face.

"Hey Pete what are you grinning about?" Sandee reached out her arm across the table. Poking his forehead, grabbing his attention.

"Hm? What are you talking about?" Pete played dumb.

"What were you just grinning about?" Sandee questioned.

"I wasn't grinning."

"Yes you were."

"You must be seeing things," Pete smiled teasingly, reaching over the table playfully poking Sandee's head.

June continued to pester Kao about the mark on his neck.

"June leave him alone already," Thada spoke chuckling at his friend.

"I'm telling you Thada, Kao's hiding something from us," June responded taking a long sip of his drink.

"June your thinking too much. I'm not hiding anything," Kao couldn't help but grin as he swung a reassuring arm over his friend's shoulder

"Hmm whatever you say, but I will get to the bottom of whatever it is," June singsonged.

Pete let out a chuckle, which caught June's attention straight away. He continued to stare at Pete, who in return looked at him confused.

"I was right!" June suddenly spoke up.

"Right about what?" Thada asked.

The others looked on curiously waiting for June to explain.

"It's the same size," June continued.

"What's the same size?" Sandee questioned.

"The hickey!" June shouted excitedly quickly grabbing a hold of Kao's arms and pointing at his neck where the mark lay present.

"Damn you June, stop overthinking it's a mosquito bite," Kao pushed him away covering the mark with his shirt collar.

"It's the same size as Pete's lips!" June pointed at Pete, who spat out his drink beginning to choke.

"Nice joke June," Pete replied as he cleared his throat.

"Kao~" June dragged out his name playfully.

"Tell me," he continued.

"Tell you what?" Kao responded as he turned his body towards him.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"