"-and what you're doing here."

I snapped back to reality and realized she had been talking to me.

"Um, what?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Havn't you been listening?"

"I-um-no, I mean, um-yes. What?"

"I said, I'm going to shoot you if you don't tell me who you are and what you're doing here."

"I'm Max Jonson."

She lowered the bow slowly but kept it drawn and looked at me suspiciously. Most people would totally believe me when I told them who I was, she obviously didn't.

"How do I know that you're not lying."

I thought about it for a minute then said, "I have my I.D. card."

I pulled it out of my wallet and held it out. She was about ten feet away and made no move to take the card.

"Aren't you going to look at it."

"I did."

I looked at her and then the card.

"There's no way you can see it from where you are."

"I have good eyesight," she said shrugging.

"No one has that good of eyesight."

"Just because you have a card with a picture on it that looks like you doesn't mean it is you," she said changing the subject.

"Well, what more do you want? My mom's the second in command-"

"Lieutenant General."

"Right, second in command. You can ask her if you're still not convinced."

"How'd you catch my arrow?"

"What?"

"I saw you move really fast and catch my arrow. No one can move that fast, how did you do it?"

"Just like no one can have that good of eyesight!"

"Seriously!" she said rolling her eyes again.

"I don't really know. Luck maybe?"

She rolled her eyes.

"What kind of an arrow is this?" 

Her eyes lit up in excitement and she held up her hand. I noticed that she was wearing leather gloves that seemed to be glowing a soft blue color. The arrow I was holding flew from my hand, sideways, right into her outstretched hand. My mouth gaped open.

"That's not even the best part!"

She drew the string back with the arrow pointing straight at me and I quickly held my arms up defensively. She whipped around and shot the arrow at the trunk of a small tree about ten yards away.

The arrow flew at the tree and when it hit, the tip spun around fast and pulled the arrow through the tree. It fell out the other side and the girl held out her hand. The arrow flew back to her and she turned and grinned at me.

"You shot that at my head!"

"Oo, right, sorry about that....I didn't know who you were."

"Well, I'm Max and you are-"

"Emily."

"-Emily, who shoots first and questions later."

"That's my motto."

"I could've been killed!"

"Well, you did look strange just kind of staring off into space and I've never seen you before. I couldn't take my chances in case you were a mute or something."