CHAPTER ONE

Alex hopped on her skateboard and rolled out of the driveway. Her mom was at work and her dad was drunk, wich was a bad mix on a Saturday. She was on Thanksgiving break, so she had nothing to do. I'll go shoot some hoops with Jake, she decided.

  As she rolled down the street, she heard a bouncing basketball and laughing.  "H-hey, give that back," said a nervous voice. Jake's in trouble, she thought as she realized the voice belonged to her friend. She sped up and flew down the street. She almost hit the curb, but pulled up just in time and sailed over it. She turned her board sideways and slammed into one of the attacker's,  who she recognized as Ned when she heard a metal dagger hit the sidewalk. She skidded to a halt beside Jake,  who was staring at her with wide, eyes and a hanging mouth. Jackson wore the same look. Ned, who was bleeding heavily from his chin and nose,  ran into the bushes, leaving the dagger behind. Freddy however, was not impressed. He bounced the ball in his hand. "Hey," said Alexis, "give us our ball back." "Uh Alex," said Jake,  "I don't think they're just going to give it back." "Better listen to your friend," said Jackson. She glares at them, so hard that she see's Jackson flinch. "You think I'm scared of you," she asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'll come get the ball myself," "why don't you, "said Freddy.  She cracked her knuckles and said, "gladly." They form a defense line between her and the ball.

   She leaps forward and uppercuts Jackson in the chin, sendung him flying back. She turns to Freddy,  but he's holding Neds fallen dagger. Suddenly, he charges at her, going for her throat. But then Jackson leaped on him and pulled his arm behind him, digging the knife into Freddy's back. He slumps to the ground, limp. "You killed him," said Alex flately. "Yes," said Jackson, just as flat. "Wanted to kill me your self huh?," she said turning to him. He brushed a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "No," he said. He wrote something on a piece of paper and dropped it into her helmet, than walked away down the street. "Well that was weird," said Jake.  "Yeah," said Alex,  throwing him the ball. "Ready to play?"